The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 10month too small?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
OLG2011 Posted - 14/04/2011 : 16:23:25
I've taken on a corn snake which a friend of mine bred, and had quite a successful first year breeding from her female, the only thing is a few of the snakes stayed with her, and the rest went off to the owner of the male which she bred with, Now in comparison in size of the one i have to one she kept its around half the size I know he hasen't eaten for nearly a month so i'm going to try him tonight and hopefully he'll eat, so was just wondering if anyone had any tips on helping try build him up? He's active enough just was abit worried about the irregular eating.

Thanks in advanced.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OLG2011 Posted - 15/04/2011 : 09:42:42
Thanks for the replies :) I've only had him a few days and he ate a pinkie last night, so next time I'll try him with two and see how we get on.
HannahB Posted - 14/04/2011 : 21:42:37
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i'd personally feed him 2 smaller prey items every 5 days

follow that and he'll be growing nicely no problem

honestly I wouldn't stress too much about his size being smaller than the others - some are just slower to get the hang of the eating-on-a-regular-basis thing, he'll get the hang of it soon enough
gingerpony Posted - 14/04/2011 : 19:27:44
make sure your husbandry is correct, and i'd personally feed him 2 smaller prey items every 5 days
Red123 Posted - 14/04/2011 : 18:53:51
The snake will not grow as big as quickly as the other one if that is a good regular feeder. I have 4 youngsters two 8 month olds and two now in their 6 month. The two 8 month olds weigh over 60g and over 2ft long. The two 6 month olds are only 10g and maybe 12" long at a push. This is purely because they did not feed straight away when hatched and not on a regular bases. What is your set up like for the snake you are concerned about? Temps? Substrate? viv or Faun size? How often are you trying to feed it and what size item?
Mamma Posted - 14/04/2011 : 17:00:12
Romeo is 15 inches and very slim. He eats fine though. Weighs 10 grams. I was wondering about him too as he does seem very slim. But I dunno if it depends on the snake. Perhaps Romeo is just gonna be a slim snake? Hopefully someone with more experience can help you though. Romeo is my 1st snake. xxx
OLG2011 Posted - 14/04/2011 : 16:54:09

Here's a pic i took earlier, he's measuring about 13 inches, but is half the thickness of the others?
Mamma Posted - 14/04/2011 : 16:48:06
what size is he?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000