The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 jerking movement

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
warkat Posted - 10/04/2011 : 23:47:34
my 4foot cornsnake hasnt eaten now for 6 weeks, im not sure if its male or female. it always seems very active now digging under the bedding etc. also iv noticed that sometimes it moves with a sort of jerking movement. should i be concerned, iv been told it may be just looking for a mate for breeding. i try about once a week to feed it but its not interested. iv tried chicks and rats and tried braining them but still no luck.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
angelhope Posted - 16/04/2011 : 22:10:44
ok thank you, i will keep a check on all the necessary things and see how he goes.
Kehhlyr Posted - 16/04/2011 : 21:59:46
Some snakes will do it every year IF it's due to looking for ladies. Others may only do it once.
There's no definitive info or even a guide on that sort of thing as it's seemingly so random.
angelhope Posted - 16/04/2011 : 21:14:36
my Zelraf went 5 months without food last year,starting at the end of march and i was told that he was looking for a girl friend!!. . does this happen EVERY year?? . .he stopped eating 3 weeks ago and is rarely in either hide,same behavior as last year. .
warkat Posted - 13/04/2011 : 15:36:34
no other snakes in the house.
gingerpony Posted - 13/04/2011 : 08:14:00
it's usual behaviour when they come across another corn......could s/he smell any other snakes?
Sammysnake Posted - 12/04/2011 : 08:23:22
My three year old male has been doing the same jerky movements you describe for a few weeks now and is loads more active than usual too. I put it down to his first horny year and it looks from Eeji's reply that this is probably right. Mine's still feeding OK but last year my younger one went for a couple of months not eating at this time of year and also got really active (I had to move him out of my bedroom as he was banging around all night). I did what you're doing - offered food every week or two, heated, brained and wiggled a lot in front of him. Eventually he started eating again when he felt like it and he never lost any weight. They can go a long time without food and suffer no ill effects; weighing him might help put your mind at ease.
eeji Posted - 11/04/2011 : 18:27:29
he's got the horn! :D
warkat Posted - 11/04/2011 : 07:31:37
hi not sure of age or weight as the snake was given to my son, about 3.5 or 4 foot long,viv is 30 x 18 x 18 high. last meal was a small rat about 6 weeks ago, it would usually eat one of these every 10 days.. temp 28-30 red light bulb and thermometer on same side, bedding wood shavings and shredded paper. this was the setup he got the snake with and it seemed ok for the first 2 or 3 months.
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/04/2011 : 23:51:53
Have a looky at this: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13662 if you can answer some of those for us, may help us to help you.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000