The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 buzz up date

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
grantcia Posted - 02/04/2011 : 18:55:51
He is lookind a lot better now. he has had a drink of water fo me but has not yet eaten.
the bump on his back has gone thank god so i would say its looking positive for the little fella .

grant
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
grantcia Posted - 05/04/2011 : 16:50:53
i did speak to them yesterday and said if he has another green one i should bing him in.
I did some research and if a snake has not eaten for a while it can turn green as there is, how would i say , no meat in the poo just wee but the snakes body will make the poo the same .
or an infection but he is on the antibiotics i feel its that with the lack of food. but if it is green he is of to the vets.
vetdebbie Posted - 04/04/2011 : 23:38:14
There's a good chance it's BECAUSE he's on antibiotics. But best to ring your vet anyway.
grantcia Posted - 03/04/2011 : 19:26:54
opps i did not think of anything being wrong so i few it away, i could fetch it out the bin.
I will phone a vet in the morning and get it sorted asap.
thanks for all the advise
lotabob Posted - 03/04/2011 : 19:16:51
Its worth a trip to the vets with a pot of green poo to ensure that there is no infection. There is one thing I've spotted while been on here and that is when Mike says something its very wise to listen.
grantcia Posted - 03/04/2011 : 16:34:06
he got cought in a draw which caused a bit cut ive taken him to the vets and it been stitched . i have to clean it every day and give him a antibiotic jab every 3 days. im hoping there is no infection
Invalid User Posted - 03/04/2011 : 13:22:31
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Whats the background here?? green poo is not a good sign! its generally an indication of an infection, ideally you would want to take that poo sample to a vet and ask them to send it to a lab and get it tested, you need to catch the infection and get it treated as quickly as possible, otherwise you stand a good chance of losing the snake to it.

This is what happened to Buzz.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15628
mikerichards Posted - 03/04/2011 : 12:46:10
Whats the background here?? green poo is not a good sign! its generally an indication of an infection, ideally you would want to take that poo sample to a vet and ask them to send it to a lab and get it tested, you need to catch the infection and get it treated as quickly as possible, otherwise you stand a good chance of losing the snake to it.
grantcia Posted - 03/04/2011 : 11:15:08
he had a poo over night to it was green but he has not eaten and seems more active too
gingerpony Posted - 02/04/2011 : 21:12:53
that's good

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000