The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Frontline spray Vs drops

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kat Posted - 15/03/2011 : 13:28:32
Just to check, is it OK to use the drops if they're watered down to disinfect a viv or should I only use the spray? Searched all the archives and they all say spray, but not why not the drops. Would I be OK disinfecting a viv with 1:20 frontline:water in a spray bottle?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kat Posted - 16/03/2011 : 23:24:10
Used about 10 sprays of diluted at 1/2 litre water to one pipette, wiped down and dried off then left to air for 48 hours, wiped down again with rep-safe disinfectant and then plain water, so diluted roughly 1:50 in the end. Didn't have a smell off it at all, but I'm leaving it another day to air just to be on the safe side.

This one is definitely a heat-junkie. Curled up splat on top of the mat again, underneath his kitchen roll. Silly splat snake, doesn't he know that I want to look at him if I can't handle him?!? Not the same if I have to lie on my side and peer through one eye to find him
gingerpony Posted - 16/03/2011 : 11:29:20
i would be VERY reluctant to use the pipettes regardless!
Kat Posted - 15/03/2011 : 20:08:39
Yay thanks Mike Knew someone on here would know. He's currently stretched out bent in half the length of his faun. Looks very strange! All I can see at one end is a nose and a tail, and the other end is a loop.
mikerichards Posted - 15/03/2011 : 19:49:39
Drops are not used on the snake because they can absorb it, watering it down for the viv shouldn't cause an issue, so long as its dry before putting snakey in
Kat Posted - 15/03/2011 : 15:37:40
Had mites with previous snake a couple of months ago. I know they should all be dead by now, just want to make absolutely positively sure and I have a bottle of frontline kicking about the place ...
a33272 Posted - 15/03/2011 : 15:12:51
are you using frontline because uve had a case of mites??? if its just routine cleaning ud be better of getting a specific reptile cleaner frontline is for mites an flees not general cleaning

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000