The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 not shedding properly

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lynn Posted - 13/03/2011 : 15:49:30
hi can anyone help me?? i have a 4 month old hypo corn snake!! we have had her for 3 wks she has started shedding but is still not finished after 6 days!!! her tail skin is still attached! please can anyone tell me where i am going wrong???

***moved from Intros to Health by GP***
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lynn Posted - 14/03/2011 : 19:17:15
thank you all very much!! feel a lot better that i can come on here for good advice!!!
gingerpony Posted - 13/03/2011 : 22:26:22
congrats on getting it sorted
next time you notice her 'in blue' put a damp hide in for her to use to aid the next shed
herriotfan Posted - 13/03/2011 : 21:28:15
Glad you managed to sort out the retained shed.
The frequency of shedding depends on how quickly they grow. A young snake will shed more often than an older one. They all grow at different rates so it's just a case of wait and see with yours.
carmichael6 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 20:16:32
You're welcome glad it came off and im not too sure mines about a year old and he's shed twice with me and they were about 3 weeks apart, its possibly the same for your one, do you know the signs of shedding that will enable you to know when she'll next shed
lynn Posted - 13/03/2011 : 19:15:07
sorry forgot to say thank you!!!!
lynn Posted - 13/03/2011 : 19:14:04
hi we put her in some water then gently let her tail rub thro and it came off thank god!!! heard horror stories about the tail not shedding properly!! how often will she shed now ?? she is 4 months old!! only had her 3 weeks
carmichael6 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 16:40:44
Let me know if it works, its should do :) when she moves through it put a bit (not a lot!) of pressure on so when it gets the retained skin it should pull it off :)
lynn Posted - 13/03/2011 : 16:38:31
thank you!! will try that now!!!
carmichael6 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 16:14:38
That happened to mine last night, all I did was damp a piece of tissue with lukewarm water and just let the snake move through the tissue, that should help it to ease off. Hope this helps

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000