The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 hellppppp me please :(

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LynneM_212 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 20:51:15
help please i feel like the worst owner in the world i cant work out what is happening,

I thought Kchalice was in shed as she looked paler, then i couldnt work out if she was, she looks a bit paler but im not sure, shes been in hiding for 4 days, but ive had her out for the past 2 to handle, she wasnt as easy to get !! .....

Ive got her out today and ive notices her scales have gone really wrinkley at the back end near her bum?? especially when she bends?? she also yawned once ??

Please help, ive got all her temps right now ... she had her first fuzzie monday which she took easy and passed through yesterday ??

any ideas am i just worried.... is she in shed?? or do i need to take her to vets???

thansk guys appreciate your help
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LynneM_212 Posted - 14/03/2011 : 12:43:09
Thanks, yea im sooo pleased it is over for now, lol !!! and haha thanks.... lol really didnt mean too, but still ever time i look at it i see lotablob then i focus and see lotabob, i think i need my eyes tested... lucky he didnt take offense lol x
Mort13 Posted - 12/03/2011 : 20:22:19
Aww glad your snakes better,you can breathe a sigh of relief now.
Oh,and take a bow for the lotablob typo.....how funny is that!!
Invalid User Posted - 12/03/2011 : 15:34:40
Hahaha, that's it now, you are lotablob, sorry can't be bob ever again now!
lotabob Posted - 12/03/2011 : 13:23:24
Dont worry I've been called far worse. I like it.
LynneM_212 Posted - 12/03/2011 : 12:05:53
ahahaha, i didnt even realise until you said that haha, i was sooooo tired after doing that last night, i actually thought it said lotablob, im soooo sorry.... im now actually laughing at my self loads,!!!

:)
lotabob Posted - 11/03/2011 : 23:14:51
I actually wish I was fat so I could keep that name.
lucyloop Posted - 11/03/2011 : 22:55:42
lotablob! Love it! I am laughing so much right now....
lotabob Posted - 11/03/2011 : 22:24:35
HAHAHAHA Thats awesome, Lota blob, I'm may just change my name to that.

Doesn't need to be moss, a damp face cloth or something like that will do as well.

Would have been a bit of a new experience but one thing about corn snakes is they are bullet proof and ballsy, just another adventure for her. Bit of peace and quiet over night and she'll have forgotten all about it.
LynneM_212 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 22:13:25
awww thanks lotablob, im sooo pleased i could help her, although i was planning an early night, but she deff comes first and i would never want to purposley miss a shed for the world :)
LynneM_212 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 22:12:30
lota blob, when you say a samp hide, should it be moss?? i mean shes only in a faun as shes small so there isnt the most space in the world ... but i gentle let her run through the warm pillow and then through my fingers, as it seems to come off easier, she behaved really well, and i dont think it stressed her out as she wasnt wiggling she was just letting me do it !! im glad its done now although now my worry is she was out too long with the pillow damp and will get a r.i but thats because im a worry worm lol!! thanks guys !! yeye i got to see her partly shedd woooop
lotabob Posted - 11/03/2011 : 22:09:32
Good news, just clean her up, dry her off and pop her back, she'll go find the hot spot and warm up. There you go though, a bit more experience, you just sucessfully dealt with a dodgy shed.
LynneM_212 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 22:04:08
just got the rest of her shed off, im worried she got a bit cold, just gonna run her through a warm pillow case again to make sure its all gone and then ill put her back, that was hard work but she behaved sooo well yesaaaa
lotabob Posted - 11/03/2011 : 21:48:00
It did sound a bit dry down at the wrinkly bit but it was too late to do anything by that stage.. Next shed pop a damp hide in to raise humidity when she goes blue. I've no experience of helping them shed a retained section but If it gets too cold I would warm it back up again. You need gentle but firm pressure as they slither through, create small opening for them to wriggle through.
LynneM_212 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 21:41:07
Hi guys she went straight into shed after that, but only shed up to her middle, so im trying the pillow case, but it goes really quick should i take her out and get it warm again..

Ps watching her shed half was aazing xx
Invalid User Posted - 11/03/2011 : 21:18:01
Got any pics?

Might help. I'm no use as none of mine have ever gone wrinkley.
lotabob Posted - 11/03/2011 : 20:58:55
Sounds like a shed is very close, they 'yawn' to stretch out/separate the skin as the shed starts at their mouth and then they climb out through the mouth hole. Crinkly menas dead and ready to come off so don't panic, get the bean bag out and ready as you won't want to miss it. (you might though, they are cunning little imps).

Pop up a pic, if your still concerned.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000