The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 aggressive cornsnake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sonia666 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 13:20:38
hi i have a 6 yr old corn snake that has suddenly become very aggressive. about 2 weeks ago me and my boyfriend found out his light had blown only out less then 2 hours so my boyfriend went to get him out of his vivarium so i could change the bulb over he managed pick him up and get him half way out when he suddenly struck for him out of instinct my boyfriend let him go. the snake then started to strike at any movement and any shadows and was reared up. we decided to leave him be till he calmed down i managed to change the bulb why he was in his hide the next morning. since then we have been unable to pick him up or get near him and he will no longer eat i,v tried several times.
he is usually a very placid snake that lets us hold him and also he usually spends alot of time in his hide but since hes started striking hes out of his hide alot iv tried turning the heat down and hes not due for a shed iv not changed anything so am at a complete loss for this sudden change in behavior any help would be apreciated on this matter.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 01/03/2011 : 16:20:13
It might be down to the breeding season, even if he's 6 and not been like it before. It would also explain him being more active. Of course there are the normal issues like temps and shedding which you've commented on. I'm sure some of our more experienced members can think of other reasons to consider as well.
CentricMalteser Posted - 01/03/2011 : 14:54:32
hey, i honestly don't have all that experience concerning this problem so not going to try and advise

however i'm sure it would be helpful to other members if you could list

temps in cold and cool end
last shedding details including his behaviour
last couple of feeds
his general behaviour

etc

i think this should help other members help you

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000