The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 adult male corn sneezing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aldess Snow Posted - 20/02/2011 : 03:39:23
hello
I am new to the forum. I joined because my adult male snow corn has always wheezed/sneezed since I bought him last fall. it never used to worry me until he stopped eating. I managed to get him to eat about 2 or 3 weeks ago. but it was a struggle. his health is otherwise good. he is super active and has great muscle tone, clear eyes, no mucus around mouth or nostrils.
When we got him he was happily eating 2 adult mice every sunday. no I cant get him to eat one.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aldess Snow Posted - 26/02/2011 : 05:34:19
awesome thanks for the advise! we are in the middle of moving so i will update his condition once we are in the new house.
mikerichards Posted - 22/02/2011 : 02:17:39
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

hi there

some con snakes do go for long periods of time to eat just because they want to or can, but monitor his weight,

in regards to the wheezed/sneezing, although there may not be any mucus this could be a sign of respiratory infection or some other form of infection

have him checked out by your vet, because infections do put animals of their food

Sorry but no. Corns dont not eat because they can. they are opportunistic feeders, so will eat when they can.

I can go a few days without eating, but i wont, even if i wanted to i wouldnt.
the second bit is closer to the truth.

My advice, turn your stat up to about 30, and keep an eye open. the heat will help clear anything of an RI, failing that, a trip to the vet for some antibiotics.
Just dont go for injectable baytril, its not good for reps.
CentricMalteser Posted - 22/02/2011 : 02:11:41
hi there

some con snakes do go for long periods of time to eat just because they want to or can, but monitor his weight,

in regards to the wheezed/sneezing, although there may not be any mucus this could be a sign of respiratory infection or some other form of infection

have him checked out by your vet, because infections do put animals of their food

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000