The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 i dont know whats wrong.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tulip Posted - 17/02/2011 : 14:35:43
Hi, i recently got a corn snake off of my next door neighbour, she has had him for years,( it used to be her brothers)
ive had him about 3 weeks now, she said that whens hes ready to eat he will poo. he poo'ed on us lol.. and we thought hed want to eat. got him some mice, and he wasnt interested at all.
i even did the brain thing with one of them. he was sniffing them and tasting with his tongue but wouldnt take them.
we left it a week and during the week he sned ( may have been why he didnt want to eat the first time.) but we tried after he shed like 2 days after, and again not interested at all. doing the same thing.
and again i crack the mices head. but he didnt want them. even left them in there to see if he wanted them later. but no nothing.
i have read through books but it doesnt really say anything.
and hes poo'ed twice since then, i just dont know what to do if he wont eat its been like 9 weeks this week since hes eaten.
i wondered if anyone had any idea, or advice for me.

thank you very much.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tulip Posted - 18/02/2011 : 07:56:59
Yeah me and my boyfriend wanted to get a heat mat. as we thought the lamp isnt a very good idea.
i think we need to change his setup about from what she had it.
mikerichards Posted - 17/02/2011 : 21:36:40
What is different between the 2 setups? It might just be that he is ready to breed and has gone off his food. The thing with using a light to heat a snake that relys on warm areas is that you are raising the ambient air temp to a point where its too hot, corns don't rely on warm air, not like tropical reps do.
Personally I would bin the light and go with a heat mat setup, its more suitable for a corns needs.
Tulip Posted - 17/02/2011 : 20:29:12
i thought 3 mice was alot aswell.
although they are not that big.
but i wanted to give 2 every fortnight. as they arent the biggest ive seen.
do i just keep trying.
we turned the heat down a tad from 28, as he was always crunched right up in his cold side. and though that mybe he was too hot.

i know i might sound dumb but literally our other corn snake is fine with everything, sheds the lot just this man doesnt want to eat and makes me feel bad when he wont.

n/a Posted - 17/02/2011 : 16:02:57
My 10 yr old girls both get an xl mouse every 8-14 days dependant on their behaviour. They seem to have their own pattern of deciding when they are ready for next feed, rather than sticking to a set number of days.
a33272 Posted - 17/02/2011 : 15:23:41
3 large in one sitting. so when was he last feed. tbh id be enclined to say hes just off his food as he wants to get jiggy with a lady
a few people have feeding problems this time of year. until his urge calms down he may not be intrested.
i guess u are using a bulb for ya warm on. do u have it on 24/7 an what sort of bulb is it, id up the temp abit to 28-30 if it was me.
as for the feeding i think 4 wks between is abit long an 3 large a sitting is alot. ud be better off with on large/jumbo fourtnigthly

the main thing here though is nont worry snakes can go months without feeding jsut keep an eye on his weight
Tulip Posted - 17/02/2011 : 15:08:09
ok well hes 8 years old and hes got the same set up as what he came with, which has a heat lamp in there set at 26 to 28, has hides etc,
my neighbour used to feed him every 4 weeks 3 large mice,hes not skinny hes a good size and healthy weight.
just worried.
a33272 Posted - 17/02/2011 : 14:56:12
ok we need to know abit more eg age set up etc how its heated what the temps are. look at top of introduction section for a list of helpfull things. but the clear these up poo'in isnt a sign they need feeding mosy corns will poo a few days after eating but it doesnt mean they need feeding. as a guide hatchings are feed every 5 days an adults 14 days. if u have a adult they might be off the food due to breeding season etc but more info is needed so we can help u both out more :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000