The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 food size

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mina0103 Posted - 14/02/2011 : 23:34:31
hi,

Nekko is still only eting 1 pinky every 6-7 days , he is 7 months old and i have tried giving him 2 pinkys or 1 small fuzzy but hes having none of it.
Is he eating enough?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 15/02/2011 : 00:23:43
Just a small hole in the top of the head will do, lol.
mina0103 Posted - 15/02/2011 : 00:17:35
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Good luck, and lovely little anery you got there (my favourite morph).

Have you tried braining? Its not overly pleasant but seems to get corns interested.

thank you , he looks even better now hes shed, hes gorgeous. yeah tried braining but not yet with a fuzzy, funny when it comes to that my on jumps in to take over, will get my son to attack the fuzzy lol
lotabob Posted - 15/02/2011 : 00:14:36
Good luck, and lovely little anery you got there (my favourite morph).

Have you tried braining? Its not overly pleasant but seems to get corns interested.
mina0103 Posted - 15/02/2011 : 00:11:00

I have tried wiggling it about but he just looks at it like it stupid, also tried the hairdryer and leaving it overnight. he wont eat through the day anyway only when its lights out. ok so it sounds like he is just a fussy git then lol. but i will keep trying with small fuzzys.

thanks guys.
lotabob Posted - 15/02/2011 : 00:07:19
Sounds healthy size/weight size, don't worry too much about the age to weight/size though. Only going off my cornsnake, he seems a good weight, Pinkies do sound a bit small for him though, Spot is 7 month(ish) and 21 inches and 37 grams and is on fuzzies.

He sounds like he is just been a fussy git refusing anything bigger than a pinkie. I would go to your reptile shop and get some really small fuzzies and try switch him over and gradually go up in size. If you've tried everything the only other thing I can think of is to put the fuzz in his enclosure and leave it overnight, just make sure to cover the substrate with paper towel to avois any accidental ingestion.
HannahB Posted - 15/02/2011 : 00:04:59
with my non feeder aura i tried everything but i found that heating with a hairdryer for a few seconds (20-30 was enough) created the most interest.. have you tried offering the second after the first one has reached the stomach - doing the pinkie polka with some tweezers can often generate a bit of interest..
give those a try and if no luck im sure i can find some other tricks i tried
mina0103 Posted - 14/02/2011 : 23:57:35
he looks great,he is very happy and always very active.i did try going from small to a little bigger then to just smaller than a fuzzy but they were the ones he wasnt interested in, i was thinking it might seem to big for him so went back down a size and have tried with 2 small pinkys, but if i give him 2 he will only ever eat 1.
every1 i have spoke to says its not enough but they can only give me tips ive tried. so i thought id ask the experts. (you)
mina0103 Posted - 14/02/2011 : 23:47:27
hi,
yeah i keep a diary of when he eats , what size he eats how long he is,his weight and date he sheds.
he is 7 months old, weight 40grams and is 18 inches long.
HannahB Posted - 14/02/2011 : 23:44:52
how much does he weigh and how long is he?
ill be honest 1 pinkie does sound like not enough but how is he looking? you know your snake better than any pictures can show,
have you tried giving him slightly bigger pinkies than hes currently getting and then adding to that? i found with aura that going from one small pinkie to two was a big jump so i got the shop to give me a range of sizes going from the same size as what she was on to slightly smaller than a fuzzy and went up like that..after a few bigger pinkies i then went down slightly and added a second much smaller pinkie and then built them both up from there again..
sorry if that is a bit of a ramble!
lotabob Posted - 14/02/2011 : 23:42:01
Have you taken the time to monitor and record his weight? If he is putting on weight however slowly then its just a question of patience, if he will only ever take one item make it the biggest he can safely and willingly take. As there is no weight/size/age guide then its really just making sure he is healthy. A picture of him is the best way for any of us to check if he is underweight or not.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000