The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Constipated

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LynneM_212 Posted - 13/02/2011 : 16:20:46
Hey guys,

Kchalice is due a feed tomorrow, but since her last feed she has only done 1 tiny tiny little poo, as where she usually does like 3 good sized ones, im slightly worried, shes been a bit more timid this week... like wehn i opedn up her faun she goes and hides away and then i feel guilty.

I dont know what to do...

I dont think shes in shed as her scales look exactly the same...

The temp in her faun is alwasy around 70f...... thats not too warm is it... because she spends alot of her time in the cool side???
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 14/02/2011 : 12:33:20
Thins link is quite good, you don't have to have a setup like this but it shows you how to setup the thermostat and digital thermometer. Might help you.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878
Invalid User Posted - 14/02/2011 : 12:27:39
Right you need a digital thermometer as the dial ones are rubbish. The guy was talking rubbish im affraid. You can get digtal ones for as little as £4 on ebay inc delivery, also you have not said whether you have a thermostat or not? If not then again you need one asap.
lee2308 Posted - 14/02/2011 : 12:27:01
not a useless owner,useless shop owner.you definitely need a thermostat and to put the thermometer on the floor above the mat,if you don't have a digital thermometer its best to get one as the dial ones are useless
LynneM_212 Posted - 14/02/2011 : 11:58:06
Its a circuluar one like a car.. dont know how else to describe it, they guy i got it from said that would be fine and that the temp would be fine, but when i first got it it was saying it was mid 70- last 70s in day and then dropping to 70 at night... then about week after it was just staying around 70 in the day and dropping at night, now it was 70 last night and ... slwoly going up again this morning ... should i be using something else then ?? i did my research but when i got her i asked the guy all these questions and he said i wouldnt have to adjust the temp it would be find and that ...

Oh god night mare i think !! poor Kchalice !! :( usless owner..
Invalid User Posted - 14/02/2011 : 09:04:06
Are you using a digital thermometer? I have 3 fauns all with heat mats underneath and have never needed bubble wrap??

Do you have a thermostat?

I really hope you are not taking the readings from a dial thermometer as they are useless and chances are you now have the mat running way too hot.
LynneM_212 Posted - 14/02/2011 : 08:36:40
Right i have a faun, and a heat mat underneath and a temp gauage on the iside on the hot side.

Last night my dad put some bubble wrap under the heat mat and with half hour it had gone upto 80 so yey we got it :)
gmac Posted - 13/02/2011 : 18:14:13
what is your setup, how are you heating it, what type of heat source are you using and what are you using to regulate the heat.

Edit, have a look through the caresheet, may give you a few tips http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm
LynneM_212 Posted - 13/02/2011 : 18:12:57
How can i make it warmer???
gmac Posted - 13/02/2011 : 16:54:37
no its not too warm but it is too cold, temps should be round about 82 -86 at the warm end so at the temps you have she wont be able to digest any food. Get your temps up to what is required and all should be fine

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000