The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Strange mark??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ammerz Posted - 10/02/2011 : 10:10:46
A couple of weeks ago a strange gray mark appeared on Sir Hiss's head, it looked like the marks he was covered in when I first got him as a rescue and the all went in the first shed or two, so I thought I would just wait for him to shed and see how it went. Well he shed last night so I looked at him this morning and it looks worse:

Any advice??
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 10/02/2011 : 21:11:10
looks very similer to what marmalade did, i put it down to her insisting on trying to crawl under a stone i had an had been nosing at it to try an move it

i cant think what i used on it but it toke a few sheds before the mark went
Ammerz Posted - 10/02/2011 : 20:10:59
Cheers!!!
mikerichards Posted - 10/02/2011 : 18:54:48
http://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/site.aspx?i=pr238869
mikerichards Posted - 10/02/2011 : 18:52:22
you might be able to get the f10 from a vet, failing that, try googling it, you might find someone who has some for sale, perhaps even ebay!
Ammerz Posted - 10/02/2011 : 11:13:40
I think it does go through the scale. it definatly seemed to before he shed. Where can I get f10 cream from?? Thanks for the advice
mikerichards Posted - 10/02/2011 : 10:36:43
that doesnt look too good, its not a scale loss, as the scale is much bigger than the mark. does it go through the scale??
i would say get dome f10 cream and use that, its brilliant stuff, will help it heal and if its bacterial then it will kill any nasties too.
Definately keep an eye on it, it is spreads and gets bigger, then a vets trip may be needed as it could be parasitical or fungal.
the f10 will sort out fungal problems, and depending on the parasite, will do that too.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000