The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 WORRIED

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chalkie31 Posted - 06/02/2011 : 17:05:35
Hi all i tried to feed Mitch last monday on his normal feed day but he wouldnt eat at first i thought it was due to the size of his feed so tried him on smaller the next day which didnt work either i alst noticed that he was losing colour aswell i posted about this and seem to come to the conclusion that Mitch was starting to shed so i left him to it and kept an eye on him through the week and he hasnt changed at all he hasnt been active at all either i havnt seen him move spot at all and im starting to get realy worried... if he was shedding how long does the whole process take not just the getting out the skin part? Ive only had Mitch for about 4 months and he has never shed before so i dont know what the signs are

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im panicing and realy worried thanks alot
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thistle Posted - 21/02/2011 : 05:51:22
He looks fantastic. It's amazing the difference before and after shedding, they look like completely different snakes.
kdlang Posted - 19/02/2011 : 16:29:23
He is absolutely gorgeous. An they are fabulous pics to show him off
chalkie31 Posted - 19/02/2011 : 16:00:12
quote:
Originally posted by Mort13

Wow what a difference,beautiful. Brill photos too. Thats one relieved owner and one relieved snake then.

Yeh totally Mitch is back to his usual active and happy self always wanting to be out sniffing about and me happy chappy to win on all parts
Mort13 Posted - 19/02/2011 : 09:31:13
Wow what a difference,beautiful. Brill photos too. Thats one relieved owner and one relieved snake then.
chalkie31 Posted - 19/02/2011 : 00:38:04
These were some pics that i took of Mitch during the week after he shed the diference in colour is amazing

willow Posted - 14/02/2011 : 13:57:26
Mary lou my youngest corn snake also had trouble feeding after she shed, i put a mous in for her and she wouldnt touch it and i wondered why as it took her just over a week to shed and must be hungry by now.

It turned out the mouse that i had defrosted had a bit of blood on it and she spotted it and knew it was dead even tho i ha ru the mouse under hot water to warm it up like i normaly do.
mina0103 Posted - 11/02/2011 : 18:03:50
quote:
Originally posted by chalkie31

MITCH TAKEN 10 MINS AGO

deffinatly in shed u can see his blue eyes. Aswell as the total colour change in mitch.
jonoandapril Posted - 11/02/2011 : 15:44:00
with my amel its all about behaviour when shes in blue. because shes mostly yellow and as prevously mentioned they have red/orange eyes its hard to tell by looking at her. she just hides more and get more 'jumpy' when i handle her. never stops eating when shes in blue either which makes it even harder to tell!
chalkie31 Posted - 08/02/2011 : 12:48:00
quote:
Originally posted by thistle

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:
Originally posted by LynneM_212

So how do you tell in an amel then because she has completly red eyes??

They still go cloudy but it is more difficult to spot the early signs. You'll get to know your snake and be able to tell the subtle differences in behaviour and appearance in no time at all.

Yes, I think my amel is going into shed for the first time with me. Though I haven't noticed much of a change in colour, on Friday he seemed more reluctant than normal to come out and was much more sensitive to touch. Since then he has barely moved and has shown no sign of wanting to be fed, which is really unusual for him. I didn't even bother trying to feed him at the weekend and have just left him to it.

Even though I've read through loads of pages on shedding on this forum, being a snake keeping virgin, I do find it a bit disconcerting that he's not moving for such a long period of time (normally not moving is a bad sign with my other pets, lol). I have to stop myself from checking that he's still alive several times a day. But I'm sure once I get this first shed over and done with I'll relax a bit more.

I got Barnaby because I wanted a pet that needed very little looking after and that I didn't need to worry about constantly. How wrong was I? Lol!

I couldnt agree with you more thistle its realy worrying to see for the first time them go pale and they dont move at all im the same with mitch i have to check him several times a day just to be sure and put my mind at rest and this is after them not wanting to feed for the first time which makes alarm bells ring from the off im a snake keeping virgin and even though mitch is around 1 i only got him about 4 months ago and this is the first shed i have seen. Just a quick update on mitch he is getting his colour back but still has realy cloudy eyes its been roughly just over a week since the whole process started so hopefully wont be long now ill put up some pics when he is done just to show the diference and thanks again to everyone for all their posts, help and advice
thistle Posted - 08/02/2011 : 04:47:13
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

quote:

They still go cloudy but it is more difficult to spot the early signs. You'll get to know your snake and be able to tell the subtle differences in behaviour and appearance in no time at all.

Yes, I think my amel is going into shed for the first time with me. Though I haven't noticed much of a change in colour, on Friday he seemed more reluctant than normal to come out and was much more sensitive to touch. Since then he has barely moved and has shown no sign of wanting to be fed, which is really unusual for him. I didn't even bother trying to feed him at the weekend and have just left him to it.

Even though I've read through loads of pages on shedding on this forum, being a snake keeping virgin, I do find it a bit disconcerting that he's not moving for such a long period of time (normally not moving is a bad sign with my other pets, lol). I have to stop myself from checking that he's still alive several times a day. But I'm sure once I get this first shed over and done with I'll relax a bit more.

I got Barnaby because I wanted a pet that needed very little looking after and that I didn't need to worry about constantly. How wrong was I? Lol!
kdlang Posted - 08/02/2011 : 00:52:45
Wow that is a great 'in blue' picture.

I can usually tell by the belly checkers on mine if they are in blue. Carmellia and Peanut are the hardest ones to tell as they don't have belly checkers, but they tend to be more of a grubby colour and their belly is creamy rather than white.
chalkie31 Posted - 08/02/2011 : 00:04:16
Mitch still looking cloudy and blue today so just keeping an eye on him. Went out and spent a load of money on him today but dont wana disturb him by changing his viv round so as soon as he is done he will have some nice new ornaments pots and trees to climb round some fresh substrate to hehe :D ill take some more pics as soon as he has shed i cant wait to see it myself as it will be the first time C'MON MITCH!!
lotabob Posted - 07/02/2011 : 00:06:37
quote:

Mort13 Posted - 07/02/2011 : 00:02:05
Wow what a difference!! You'll have to get some pics up when he's shed.
lrv2307 Posted - 06/02/2011 : 21:01:07
oh he deff in blue lol
cant wait to see him all shiny
Katie.Dublin Posted - 06/02/2011 : 20:49:22
What a pretty snake you will have soon! You'll notice him going back to his ordinary colour before he sheds.. Then if you spy on him for the following few days you might be lucky enough to catch him I'm the act! - Which is very very cool to watch.
LynneM_212 Posted - 06/02/2011 : 19:39:41
herriotfan Posted - 06/02/2011 : 19:24:39
He's in shed for sure. You can see his cloudy eyes and his dull, matt looking colour. Next he will go back to normal then in a few days or so he'll shed. You will then be the very proud owner of a fresh, shiney snake!!
tinamiles Posted - 06/02/2011 : 18:11:28
just remember that his eyes will go from blue/cloudy to clear....and then he'll shed a few days or so later! This confused me with Blaze's first shed, but its totally normal
chalkie31 Posted - 06/02/2011 : 17:39:06
Panic over thanks for all ur help guys its realy been stressing me out THANK YOU MUCHLY xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000