The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 A little worried here

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Newbie 105 Posted - 30/01/2011 : 14:15:07
My corn is about 3-4 months old I think she's in the process of shed and will shed her skin shortly as her eyes and under belly have returned to normal she's eating well yet when she struck at her second pinkie she just sort of poked it a few times like a very tired strike but when the pinke was on the floor she dove in and gobbled it up very fast and now she is just hiding away in her cave thing and she has been hiding for a while not just today is this normal? She rarely looks around her viv not trying to escape or anything what's up with her ?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mina0103 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 09:59:57
quote:
Originally posted by Newbie 105

My corn is about 3-4 months old I think she's in the process of shed and will shed her skin shortly as her eyes and under belly have returned to normal she's eating well yet when she struck at her second pinkie she just sort of poked it a few times like a very tired strike but when the pinke was on the floor she dove in and gobbled it up very fast and now she is just hiding away in her cave thing and she has been hiding for a while not just today is this normal? She rarely looks around her viv not trying to escape or anything what's up with her ?

Hi newbie, i see you have the same corn as me and roughly the same age. Im havin the same prob with mine at the min, he is just been hiding for about 3 days now and i too was worried.
Wat do you mean when the pinkie was on the floor, where did it start?
Debbie.
Benji54 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 11:44:53
royals are awesome. As well as the eating "problem" they are slightly more susceptible to respiritory infections then corns and colubrids but as gmac says thats really just a question of fine tuning set up. Great snakes and a pleasure to keep!
gmac Posted - 30/01/2011 : 18:32:33
Whites are cracking wee phibs and it is very cool to hear them calling out. Havent updated my animls in my sig recently, and unfortunately they have both passed away now.

This care sheet will let you know what you need to for there care http://www.theamphibian.co.uk/Whites_tree_frog_care_sheet.htm
Newbie 105 Posted - 30/01/2011 : 18:24:03
Gmac o see you have White tree frogs? What are they like ? What do they need to live ?
gmac Posted - 30/01/2011 : 17:22:49
Royals are very easy to keep, once you get the setup correct then there is nothing to worry about.

They do go off food but they are designed to do that, it is not a problem for the snake but usually for the owner.
lotabob Posted - 30/01/2011 : 15:53:37
Sorry I'll rephrase they are more difficult to keep than corn snakes but really they aren't all bad, they are fussy and I personally wouldn't reccommend them as a starter snake, they can go off food for long periods but as scuba says research is the key. If you are interested then check out www.theroyalpython.co.uk and check out their needs etc. I've had my royal a few weeks and it hasn't eaten yet, its a bit stressful but I'm doing my best to not worry and just find the best technique for feeding this fussy eater.
scubadude Posted - 30/01/2011 : 14:59:09
Not in the slightest (other than a well publicised problem with going off their food, sometimes for months at a time), as with any animal some research is required on sites like The Royal Python, but again a nice snake to keep.
lotabob Posted - 30/01/2011 : 14:56:00
I'll say they are much harder to keep in the fact they are very fussy. Don't be put off getting one once you've a bit of experience with the corn though, they are lovely.
Newbie 105 Posted - 30/01/2011 : 14:42:19
Ah that's great thank you :) I see you have a royal python are they any harder to keep ?
scubadude Posted - 30/01/2011 : 14:26:59
Don't worry, her behavior seems quite normal, when corns are little in the wild they make a pretty good meal for anything, so spend most of their time hiding out of the way, even more so when they are due to shed, many snakes won't feed when they are in shed so to be honest, her taking the pinkie at all is a good thing.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000