The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Constipation / Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/12/2010 : 20:59:23
I have a mature Corn Snake, 10 years old, approx 5 1/2 feet. She's never had any issues, but seemed to be starting to shed around 2 1/2 weeks ago and not managed. Around her abdomen she seems to be carry a degree of internal gas, and examining her shows that the old skin is preventing her passing excrement. I have been soaking her, and she is in no obvious distress, infact pretty active, but it becoming a concern. Any tips appreciated. She has never had any issues with shedding prior to a move to a larger vivarium.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mina0103 Posted - 12/02/2011 : 00:11:40
quote:
Originally posted by TimClynes

I have a mature Corn Snake, 10 years old, approx 5 1/2 feet. She's never had any issues, but seemed to be starting to shed around 2 1/2 weeks ago and not managed. Around her abdomen she seems to be carry a degree of internal gas, and examining her shows that the old skin is preventing her passing excrement. I have been soaking her, and she is in no obvious distress, infact pretty active, but it becoming a concern. Any tips appreciated. She has never had any issues with shedding prior to a move to a larger vivarium.

mine eats during shedding but always waits till its dark even when not shedding.
thistle Posted - 08/02/2011 : 04:50:17
That's great news!

Must be a big relief for both you and the snake (in more ways than one).
Katie.Dublin Posted - 07/02/2011 : 23:48:44
good job:) Id say that releaved some pressure!
n/a Posted - 07/02/2011 : 23:01:59
Today, 7th February, after around 2 months without eating, and having just ley her be for a month, my big girl managed to shed, make an absolute disgrace of her water bowl with droppings, and eat a large mouse. Well chuffed for her, and she looks beautiful.
Red123 Posted - 31/12/2010 : 08:48:24
Have you been soaking her in the bath for a good 15 minutes or so (make sure you check water temp)? This normally works with removing old skin but may need to be done several times. When you get her out of the bath you need to let her slither through a towel. You need to hold the towel so that as she goes through you are putting slight pressure on her. This has always worked for my snake that has trouble. Bathing normally helps them poop if constipated. You say she is still active, Is she still eating?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000