The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Known health problems in amels?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
J6pkp Posted - 30/09/2010 : 09:30:22
Hi all.
Were looking at getting a corn and we are torn between an amel and an anery.
I'm swaying towards the amel for colours but wondered if thereare any things to watch for with them, ie eyes etc..
Ty in advance!!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 09/10/2010 : 14:43:05
I couldn't decide between the anery or amel myself. So I have just purchased one of each! They are both as beautiful as each other especially at only 8 weeks old.
Twi Posted - 06/10/2010 : 03:10:28
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

The one thing with amels is that it can be harder to tell when they are going 'blue' (the changes that happen before your snake sheds), but that is not a serious issue and once you have had your snake for a while you can begin to tell the signs of when this is happening.

Sorry to disagree with the Morph Master but its got to be an anery or ghost....no other morph comes close !

xxx

I can disagree with you on that Judith , with the Amel they have red eyes and when in shed they go a milky pink colour and thats how you know its in shed..

Ginger goes blue all over lol Amel totally best :D or a snow! :D

quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

the changes in amels' eyes when they are in blue can be difficult to spot until you get to know what you're looking at...........harder still (IMO) are snows!

I'll agree with that one lol Mouse just shed and I never even noticed him going blue.
Sta~ple Posted - 05/10/2010 : 23:47:08
It's been known that sometimes their heads can fall off more often although, it's not much of an issue really.
n/a Posted - 04/10/2010 : 16:44:12
amels all the way!!! i always know when Steve is in blue as his eyes go dull looking, also he goes very milky white all over too, looks like a totally different snake.
As you can tell from the following picture, that was Steve before his last shed.

mikeyd_26 Posted - 04/10/2010 : 16:18:23
amels ARE the best !
i can always tell wen talula is going to shed her bright colours fade then she eventually looks like she's been rolling in chalk! :]
FiestaSTLou Posted - 04/10/2010 : 12:49:23
my amel goes very very light in colour before she sheds, almost greyish, but my snow, i can only tell by the eyes and even then its very very difficult.
HannahB Posted - 04/10/2010 : 11:31:59
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

the changes in amels' eyes when they are in blue can be difficult to spot until you get to know what you're looking at...........harder still (IMO) are snows!

blizzards are even harder to notice going blue!!

i do think amels are hard to notice ash - our luciens eyes dont change that dramatically - its more the silver sheen he gets that lets us know hes going blue

J6pkp get both if you cant decide - but be sure to house them separately! but i would go for the amel - the colours are so much better than anerys *runs off in fear of being hunted down by the anery lovers!! *
gingerpony Posted - 04/10/2010 : 10:27:42
Kellog Posted - 04/10/2010 : 05:13:56
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:

The one thing with amels is that it can be harder to tell when they are going 'blue'........

I can disagree with you on that Judith , with the Amel they have red eyes and when in shed they go a milky pink colour and thats how you know its in shed..

Am always very happy to be corrected Hiper , I was just sure I had read a number of threads where new owners of amels had missed their snake's going blue and the first thing they knew about it was the snake refusing a feed, hiding away or finding a shed skin in the viv .

Sorry for misinforming you J6pkp .

xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 03/10/2010 : 10:57:27
quote:

The one thing with amels is that it can be harder to tell when they are going 'blue' (the changes that happen before your snake sheds), but that is not a serious issue and once you have had your snake for a while you can begin to tell the signs of when this is happening.

Sorry to disagree with the Morph Master but its got to be an anery or ghost....no other morph comes close !

xxx

Kellog Posted - 03/10/2010 : 04:49:07

xxx
eeji Posted - 02/10/2010 : 17:51:48
amel all the way!!!!1
gingerpony Posted - 02/10/2010 : 09:20:30
the morph can have in impact in other snake species eg. in royals the 'spider' morph will have a varying degree of wobbling, but there's nothing like that in corn morphs

i'd go for the anery personallly but i'm biased
hiper2009 Posted - 30/09/2010 : 10:40:57
No there is not all the morphs are the same just different colours.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000