The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 worrying about nothing???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikeyd_26 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 23:25:19
so i put a 3ft vine in TaLuLa's viv a couple of weeks ago and for the last six days she has not(deffinatly) moved from the top of it and is fully wrapped around it and no matter wot will not move, she is also NOT in shed. My concern is the cool end temps are around 14.5c is it possible she is putting herself in brumation? Or am i just been overly worried and have a lazy assed snake??!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikeyd_26 Posted - 27/09/2010 : 12:38:30
woke up this morning to Talula's head poking out of the warm hide!
gingerpony Posted - 27/09/2010 : 11:02:03
ahhhhh now i didn't thnk of that.........no reasons not to give it a try though
Kellog Posted - 27/09/2010 : 09:08:57
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

if the heat is provided by a heatmat........unless the vine is resting on the mat on the floor it's unlikely to make much difference

Slight brain fog moment there GP , although I was thinking along the lines of making a change in the viv and seeing if it changes TaLuLa's behaviour....

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 27/09/2010 : 08:09:01
if the heat is provided by a heatmat they work by contact - heating what they touch - so unless the vine is resting on the mat on the floor it's unlikely to make much difference

but a great idea if using a ceramic or similar which heats the air
Kellog Posted - 27/09/2010 : 04:21:42
Does this mean you havent handled her since she has been wrapped around the vine Mikey? I would assume not as it sounds like you would have to pry her off with a crow bar!

Kehhlyr and GP are the experts but just a thought....could you move the vine to the warm side?

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 26/09/2010 : 21:39:37
good plan lol

it might be worth moving her to the warm end of the viv if she's still there in a week........some of mine when they've got so cold, they don't want to go and find a warm place they just want to brumate!
mikeyd_26 Posted - 26/09/2010 : 15:15:35
yeah the house is cold but the radiaters are on in that room now! :]
gingerpony Posted - 26/09/2010 : 08:01:44
the cool end temps you can't really do much about, 14*C does seem a bit cold though, is your house cold? the cool end temp is usually the ambient room temperature
mikeyd_26 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 23:53:51
another thing is 14.5c too cold? i was under the impression it was? i no the importance of a thermostat to controll perfect temps but wot are perfect temps for a cool end???
mikeyd_26 Posted - 25/09/2010 : 23:42:38
makes sence! ta very much! :]
Kehhlyr Posted - 25/09/2010 : 23:30:10
If she gets to cold she'll move.
Probably just got a new vantage point to be nosey and look for foods and potential new escape routes.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000