The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 My Snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/09/2010 : 14:18:03
im very worried becuase i dont no whats wroung with him he has left his we cave in overf 2 weeks ... hes came out twice to get fed and then went back in and hasnt came out ..and hes a very funny looking colour :S any ideas ?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 28/09/2010 : 05:04:26
As long as you are sure that he went 'blue', which it certainly looks like comparing the colouring between the 1st and 2nd pics, then I dont think you have anything to worry about. My Silvesta just went 2 weeks from the point of his eyes clearing up and his colour returning to normal til when he shed. I know most snakes seem to take about 4/5 days but they are all different and it can differ between sheds.

drchino's suggestion of putting an extra water bowl in the warm end to help raise the humidity is a good one, but I wouldnt run him through a damp towel....he is obviously not ready to shed yet and I dont think you can force them to do so. You would only use the towel method to help after he has shed if there is some retained skin.

The fact that he hasnt eaten also isnt anything to worry about, his eyesight is still compromised even though his eyes may look clear and a lot of snakes wont feed when they are coming up to a shed.

Hopefully you will wake up one morning very soon to a full clean shed lying on the floor of the viv and a beautifully shiny hungry snake!

xxx
kdlang Posted - 27/09/2010 : 18:04:08
It certainly looks like he is about to shed. My amel is usually a very bright orange but he goes a lovely pink when he is getting ready to shed then 2-5 days before he sheds he goes back to almost his normal colour just a bit duller. I expect you will find a nice shed very soon. I stayed up to watch Alice last time and managed to get it on video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt7hzHqBGcc
FiestaSTLou Posted - 27/09/2010 : 16:44:34
looks can be decieving ;) lol my syds like this goes into shed, looks dull for about 2 weeks, then goes back to normal for a few days and then sheds lol u might have a nice suprise in a few days :) if this is the case i wouldnt worry about the non feeding, alot of snakes dont eat when in shed, im sure if the snake is in shed and u offfer a mouse after its shed it will take it no probs :)
n/a Posted - 27/09/2010 : 15:03:06
Sorry im only getting to write back now .. been busy , ... his colour is back to normal and he didnt sherd a piece of skin , he wont eat , and hes 2 year old , and think its been 3 months from his last shed
drchino Posted - 20/09/2010 : 17:01:32
I'd say he's probably in shed, they can take their sweet time about it sometimes. Maybe you could try putting a bowl of water in the hot end to raise the humidity a bit. Even better would be to let him run through a wet warm towel.

How long ago did he shed and roughly how old is he?
FiestaSTLou Posted - 20/09/2010 : 15:18:07
going from the pics the first one looks like he is in shed as its quite dull compared to the 2nd pic..if thats the case theres nothing to be worried about his colour.
n/a Posted - 20/09/2010 : 14:33:25
http://img828.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=newd.jpg

I toke the 1st one ther now ... ?
n/a Posted - 20/09/2010 : 14:22:55
ill post up 2 pics .. 1 before and 1 now .. he looks very weriod :S ... i havent lifted him in a over a week didnt want to really touch him incase ther was something wroung .
Claude Posted - 20/09/2010 : 14:20:44
If he's coming out to feed, I'm not sure I'd be too worried. How old is he? I have three corns, one of mine spends the majority of his time in his hides, rarely see him of a day time, but there's evidence of movement during the night as he's moved his aspen around. My other two are out all the time. By funny colour, how do you mean?

Claude

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000