The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 slightly concerned bout behaviour...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/09/2010 : 22:28:02
hi guys after some advice. always a good place to start!

ive had this carolina corn for couple of months. he needed a new home as he wasnt being cared for and owners lost interest.
he is very snappy compared to my other two corns who are very docile. he has bitten which is strange for a corn i think?
but now he hides away all the time... and he does not eat much. i think 2 mice in 2 months?

should i be worried?

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 04/09/2010 : 09:25:41
usual questions..........what's his set-up like? temps? this can all have an impact on feeding, general health and behaviour
herriotfan Posted - 03/09/2010 : 23:42:55
Give him more time. If he's not used to being handled then it's quite understandable that he's a bit defensive. You need to keep handling him so he realises, eventually, that you're not a threat.
Do you feed him in or out of his viv? I'd suggest feeding him out of his viv to help avoid him becoming too viv defensive.
You could also try the old trick of the bit of your old, worn clothing in his viv which will help him get to know your scent.
Hope that helps a bit. I'm sure we can come up with other ideas if you need them.
Just don't forget at the end of the day he is a wild creature!

Edit to include...... Don't worry about the amount he's eating, he's still in new surroundings and it can take a while for him to settle. At least he feeds even if it's not as frequent as some.
rachiepotatoe Posted - 03/09/2010 : 22:52:47
A friend of mine was in the same situation as you. She had a corn snake off someone who just wasnt taking care of it and never handled it. It was always biting her which led her to give it away again. I think the biting is something to be expected from a snakey that hasnt been cared for or handled much. :\
It's a shame really because they're fantastic when theyre cared for...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000