The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Any advice will be much appreciated.. Feeding.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/08/2010 : 16:04:38
Hi. I have a problem with 2 of my baby corn snakes that i bred this yr. They hatched on the 31st may and out of the 10 there is 2 which are not eating independantly. Over the last 3 months I have had to force feed(which I have learnt via someone whom has a lot of experience). Im just getting worried coz its neally 3 months and still they are not eating. Any advice would be much appreciated. Kind regards Debs
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 31/08/2010 : 22:21:45
my local rep shop guy told me that a pinkie with a few small drops of warm chicken soup on works well - havent tried it myself yet (will be trying it with aura next week) but its worked for him and a few other people he knows..
i was also told that a small blob of marmite can trigger their natural feeding instincts although it didnt work for me
dont panic too much though about your non feeders - my smallest snake aura is being assist fed still atm and shes nearly 11months old now..although shes getting there now obviously shes slower than most to get feeding but after a lot of persverance shes getting there
kdlang Posted - 31/08/2010 : 22:00:15
Good luck with getting them started.
n/a Posted - 31/08/2010 : 15:20:57
the scenting and car ride I have not tried but will give it ago. Thank you very much for replying and will let you know how it goes on. Won't be feeding for a week but will let you know if its sucessful. Kind regards and thanks again. Debs
eeji Posted - 30/08/2010 : 19:49:11
the most important thing is not to handle them, except when neccessary during cleaning and not to tease them with food - just leave it in the tub for them.
firstly check your temperatures are correct (27-29*c), there are lots of hiding places, the enclosure is not too big (my hatchies live in cricket tub size boxes). If all that is spot on the following can be tried:

Braining - slit a pinkys head and squeeze a bit of goo out
Boiling - boil a pinky for 3 minutes and feed warm (not too hot though!)
Car ride - something that has seemed to work for others, taking them for a ride in the car can often stimulate the feeding instinct
Darkness - feed at night time and keep the tub in total darkness
Scenting - scent a pinky with anything that doesn't smell of mouse. Tuna brine and shed lizard skin seem popular 'successful' things for this

good luck and keep us updated on how you get on :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000