The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 new and concerned

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/08/2010 : 22:01:27
hi, me and my partner recently got our first snake its a hypo corn, weve had it around 6 weeks and for this he has seemed healthy.

we are a bit concerned at the moment though, he is showing all the signs of shedding (he did shed about 3-4 weeks ago) he went dull and had milky eyes but has now returned to normal without sheeding, he also seems to be looking very fat and chunky, hes still eating normally, he doesnt seem to be as active as normal though and hasnt passed anything for a while.

we have recently moved him from his small home he came with into a large tank as he seemed to be growing very fast

it may be nothing but we have fallen very much in love with our little dude and dont want him to be ill or unhappy

i know its a long shot but any help would be much appreciated

thanks.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 27/08/2010 : 00:29:00
omg - i'm so excited!

thanks gmac, you are a star
gmac Posted - 27/08/2010 : 00:25:21
it really varies with age and feeding, while they are young they will she more often, and as they age the time between sheds will increase, but usually anything between every month to 2 months
n/a Posted - 27/08/2010 : 00:22:16
Thanks very much gmac, fingers crossed eh?

And I've made a really nice environment for her now, not just newspaper as in pic , that was when we first rescued her. (not that i know she is a she!)

how often will a corn shed?

peace out
gmac Posted - 27/08/2010 : 00:06:56
very nice, it does sound like shedding, it may just be you missed the eyes going dull or they havent dulled over yet, dont think you have anything to worry about.
n/a Posted - 27/08/2010 : 00:00:45

sorry that took so long, i had to reset password on photobucket

I've only had her 3.5 weeks. And I'm not sure as I found her in my back garden in north London, no one has claimed her yet! she has gone more browny than stunning orange/red and i was worried i'd done something wrong. especially since the eyes are still lovely red/black

Any advice gratefully welcomed

Peace
gmac Posted - 26/08/2010 : 23:43:53
you may not notice the eyes going dull, what type of corn do you have.

and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 26/08/2010 : 23:30:16
Hi,

Sally, my lovely snake, is going dull but her eyes aren't doing the same. I've only noticed it since the last 2-3 days. Am I becoming an anxious parent too?

Thanks everyone

Peace
HannahB Posted - 25/08/2010 : 11:05:01
glad he shed ok - nothing wrong with asking q's
dont forget to post pics of him looking all shiny and new!
n/a Posted - 24/08/2010 : 19:49:05
hi guys thanks for your replies, ive came home today and he has shed.......i shouldve waited lol, thank you very much
lee2308 Posted - 23/08/2010 : 22:40:03
Mr G beat me too it lol
lee2308 Posted - 23/08/2010 : 22:38:24
right we need some details first
size and age of corn
size of set up
heating source and temps
A pic of the set up would help too
As for the shedding it can take 7-10 days to shed after the eyes clear and alot of snakes wont poo until they shed as they are vunerable while in this state and pooing can give their location away so they hold it until they shed.
gmac Posted - 23/08/2010 : 22:36:06
quote:
Originally posted by billy

we are a bit concerned at the moment though, he is showing all the signs of shedding (he did shed about 3-4 weeks ago) he went dull and had milky eyes but has now returned to normal without sheeding, he also seems to be looking very fat and chunky, hes still eating normally, he doesnt seem to be as active as normal though and hasnt passed anything for a while.

This is all part of the shedding process he will go dull and milky then normal and a few or so days later shed. He also wont go to the toilet untill he sheds so nothing to worry yourself about. They also hide themselves away and are generally inactive during the shedding process

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000