The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 dead snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
luisanmango Posted - 16/08/2010 : 14:29:40
hi was posting on this bout my snake having trouble getting eggs out, took her to a vet yesterday and eggs were collapsed, vet reckoned very succesfully, he also gave her Baytril antibiotic 2.5% oral solution, to mix with one litre of water which i measured perfectly any ideas if this is too high a dose as pet shop reckoned it was x
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
luisanmango Posted - 16/08/2010 : 21:27:17
hi sorry never explained myself proberly, what happened is louis had to go to vets to get eggs collapsed which went well as hadn't left her too long, however the vet who admitted not being a expert in snakes but had some experience said he would see her and as there are no one who in qualified for snakes etc in aberdeen or aberdeenshire we had little option but the procedure went great after taking her home she was her usual self quite active etc, so we mixed up the medicine we got from the vet and filled her water bowl with it as instructed at approx ten last night and woke this morning to find her dead, your probably right and due to upset i just want something to blame for the sudden death as its hit quite hard the only reasoned i asked as when spoke to pet shop owner who breeds snakes himself he just thought it was quite alot from what he was used to his snakes getting
mikerichards Posted - 16/08/2010 : 16:02:23
Never take advice from a petshop over a vet, it takes a couple of weeks to become a petshop, it takes years for a vet.
The dose depends on the snakes weight more than anything.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000