The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 please help,

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dantheman2944 Posted - 26/07/2010 : 21:37:14
hi was wondering if anybody could help me, i have to baby corns they hatched over 3 weeks ago an will not take a mouse. i've tried braining and bumping but with no joy, getting worried now, thanks dan
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 27/07/2010 : 21:45:01
only disturb them to clean and water, don't handle them, make sure there is somewhere for them to hide (half a bog roll tube is perfect), and use kitchen roll substrate. That lot applies to all hatchies whether feeding or not which helps their natural instincts to kick in without having to worry about being eaten by you :)

For feeding defrost the pinkys in warm water for 5-10 minutes, pierce the head and squeeze out a bit of goo, and leave under the hide while its still warm. This is usually enough to get a hatchie going.

Thet can sometimes go a good few weeks after hatching without eating because they are still living off the egg yolk so its not something to get too worried about just yet.
HannahB Posted - 27/07/2010 : 20:05:06
dont panic too much - my non feeder didnt eat from when she hatched in august til the beginning of november when we took drastic action and force fed her so they can last a lot longer than we think without food,
what temps are they being kept at?
dantheman2944 Posted - 27/07/2010 : 17:34:22
they in small rubs at moment, anything worth a try gettin worried now, thanks
HannahB Posted - 27/07/2010 : 00:08:12
what are they housed in at the moment?
maybe try putting the pinkie in with them (dont wiggle it or anything) and then cover the tub up overnight - dont disturb it or anything and it might encourage them to eat..
someone suggested to me dipping a pinkie in tuna brine (iv got a fussy feeder) but it didnt work for me - might work for you though!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000