The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 problem :/

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/07/2010 : 16:08:22
am trying to find out if there is something minor or major wrong wiv Tangoo because he has been looking like he is going to shed for about a month nd he still hasn't shed. Also, bout an hour ago when he pooed there was a sort of blood clot type object in the poo nd was wondering whether this is a bad thing or not,,,,

should i take him to the vets to get checked out because extremely worried bout him :/ xx
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 22/07/2010 : 19:03:29
Best bet, use a damp towel and let him move through it, make sure his viv is well misted too. A bath will help also.
n/a Posted - 22/07/2010 : 18:19:55
kk nd its like the old skin thats trying to shed off is just basically peeling off each scale. it isn't even in any patches either :/
hillzi Posted - 22/07/2010 : 16:46:46
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Any amel color can go blue, my amel boy was sooo blue the other week I could not actually see his eyes! But yes, if in doubt, trip to the vet. Is it deffo bloodclot though? Sometimes they don't digest properly and the result can be a very nasty bloody mess.

My amel has never gone blue, more a milky pink.

Shedding one scale at a time, so is the old skin hanging off him in different bits?

Regarding the 'blood clot' it maybe worth sending off for some facels.
n/a Posted - 22/07/2010 : 16:12:11
yeah it looked like a blood clot so not sure lol
n/a Posted - 22/07/2010 : 16:11:22
well hes just gone pale nd shedding very strangely cuz he is shedding like a scale at a time :/ nd just increased it now lol :)
mikerichards Posted - 21/07/2010 : 22:13:10
Any amel color can go blue, my amel boy was sooo blue the other week I could not actually see his eyes! But yes, if in doubt, trip to the vet. Is it deffo bloodclot though? Sometimes they don't digest properly and the result can be a very nasty bloody mess.
hillzi Posted - 21/07/2010 : 20:47:52
When you say looks like he's going to shed, what do you mean by that? I'm guessing he's the creamsicle, so he wont go "blue" but has he got really light and gone a milky pink colour?
lee2308 Posted - 21/07/2010 : 20:36:31
have you increased the humidity to aid he shedding?
n/a Posted - 21/07/2010 : 19:52:23
kk will do :/
Stumpy Posted - 21/07/2010 : 19:37:41
If at all unsure about the health then better to pay a vet to be 100% certain.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000