The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 help lol

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/07/2010 : 03:32:03
my 2 year old cornsnake marley, im pretty sure he's shedding, he keeps making noises like a purring/rattling but using his tongue to do this? anyone know what he's trying to tell me? i hope he's ok im a bit of a worrier lol
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 20/07/2010 : 05:53:42
You say that you are pretty sure that Marley is shedding, why do you think this?

From the point when his eyes go cloudy to when he sheds his skin (even once the eyes have cleared up) he is partially blind and he will be scared, which is why he is reacting the way he is to you....and Mike is right, he is tail rattling to say 'Leave me alone!'.

I am sure he is ok and it is ok to worry - corns like making us worry. I am assuming this is his first shed with you as you only got him recently. There are quite a lot of threads on here about shedding so have a search and try to learn as much as you can so you know what to expect. This thread may help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10337

xxx
mikerichards Posted - 19/07/2010 : 12:40:02
To be honest, he is trying to tell you to leave him alone. The rattling is his tail not his tongue.
THe tongue is in capable of making any audible noise.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000