The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Hatchlings first feed ( and DOH!)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mouse Posted - 12/07/2010 : 14:10:16
It was baby snakes first feed last night.

1st Anery still isn't eating...will try beheaded pinky next, as have tried braining etc, and it runs away and hides.

Amel started eating. I took a pic. Then Picked up tongs again, and due to butterfingeredness I accidentally dropped them on it's head. (STUPID ME)
It rubbed it's head on the tub sides (as it had dropped the pinky out of shock) and then tried to get up my arm (It seems to think I make a nice hide!) so I held it till it calmed down slightly, then tried enticing it again, but it hid under the kitchen roll, and didn't touch it overnight.

The 2nd Anery struck, then wasn't sure, then decided to try and drag it backwards out of the tub. I figured that was a bad plan, and tipped it back in, but it let the pinky go and so I left it to it's own devices. (It kept going back and poking the mouse, but hadn't eaten it this morning.

The normal struck, half constricted, dropped it, and came back to it later in the night, so at least one of my snakes is bulgy this morning!!!!!

(I hope the Amel won't now associate mice with tongs falling on it's head!)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mouse Posted - 21/07/2010 : 11:18:35
hehehe, do they 'rhyme' with - lovely little darling, and my wonderfully well behaved snake?!!!!!
hillzi Posted - 21/07/2010 : 11:10:32
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

I spose shouting *FEED YOU LITTLE F*****S* at them probably won't have any effect!

Haha!!!

Should see the names I call my snakes..
Mouse Posted - 21/07/2010 : 10:54:56
(the shouting or the car ride?!!!) hehehe might try it then!
Sta~ple Posted - 20/07/2010 : 18:30:34
Worked for one of my little beggers.
Mouse Posted - 20/07/2010 : 11:20:47
May try the car journey, but don't know if that would stress them out too much.

*Sigh*

I spose shouting *FEED YOU LITTLE F*****S* at them probably won't have any effect!
Mouse Posted - 19/07/2010 : 23:53:06
They refused. Gonna try beheading the pinkies, and if they still refuse it may resort to force feeding, as I've brained and gutted so far, altho any other ploys would be greatly recieved...
Kellog Posted - 18/07/2010 : 03:48:53
Hope the feeding went ok Mouse (well it surely cant have gone worse than last time !).

It is so good reading about all of this as I am never going to experience it....so I am living vicariously through you !!

xxx
Sizzlesmum Posted - 17/07/2010 : 21:37:13
How did the feeding go?
Mouse Posted - 14/07/2010 : 22:24:08
gonna try them again tonight...will let ya know!
Sizzlesmum Posted - 14/07/2010 : 21:25:50
Lol, reading that made my day

I don't know how you all cope with the babies, I would be a nervous wreck lol

Thanks for sharing and hope they feed soon.
crazy JJ Posted - 14/07/2010 : 16:42:38
well there's always one...

cant remember how much mine weighed when they hatched etc but i remember minstrels (the one that didnt eat, untill had no choice but to force feed her) when she was 5wks old ish (im sure it was something like that) she only weighed 4gs bless her the others were at least double that.
Mouse Posted - 14/07/2010 : 11:33:39
hehe it wasn't too big on the normal! I thought they were really light! wow, I have a bunch of fatso's then! hehehehe

I think three of them will be ok feeders, but I may have issues with one of them. (the first Anery out.) Ah well!!!
Sta~ple Posted - 14/07/2010 : 10:37:26
Wow, they are heavier than mine at 2 and 3 months old!

I know what you mean! They look like they will never be able to manage a pinky when they are that small and then when you see them eat it and the massive lump I can't help but think they are greedy gits!
Mouse Posted - 14/07/2010 : 08:43:30
oooh, I forgot to add, I've weighed them all (twice) and all of them apart from the normal are still 0.004kg, the norm is 0.006kg......fat ****! (I know it's due to feeding, but still!!....it's really like the snake game, thy're really skinny, then fill out really noticably after the first feed! Probably obvious, but it's all new to me!)

Mouse Posted - 14/07/2010 : 08:33:46
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Hahaha I thought I was bad putting mine off when trying to eat by taking photo's, it was half way through eating and then it just spat the mouse again! It never ate until 2 months later lol

I think that snake is brain damaged, you should give him to me.

Have the rest eaten before? besides that one anery?

HAHAHAHA oh dear! I hope mine aren't like that!

Hmmm...The Amel is the one with co-ordination issues atm anyhew. :D Maybe I've done a blinkin, and helped it! (ref. to Men in tights before anyone looks at me strangely!)

The Anery's haven't eaten yet, it's the normal that has! :D

I'll be trying them again tonight

The normal left me with a biiiiig poo! :D so all systems seem to be working there!! It also rattled and headbutted me. Stroppy little goit!
Sta~ple Posted - 12/07/2010 : 18:23:16
Hahaha I thought I was bad putting mine off when trying to eat by taking photo's, it was half way through eating and then it just spat the mouse again! It never ate until 2 months later lol

I think that snake is brain damaged, you should give him to me.

Have the rest eaten before? besides that one anery?
hiper2009 Posted - 12/07/2010 : 18:08:32
Did you give it brain damage when dropping that on his head . Hope hes ok lol
Mouse Posted - 12/07/2010 : 15:05:29
hehe thanks
crazy JJ Posted - 12/07/2010 : 14:25:39
lol... that sounds like a diffrent feed time i have to say :/ :D

n'awww hopefully the amel wont think that erm hopefully but i dont think i would particualry be happy wit tongs on my head whislt eating lol haha :D not suprised he let go bless him ;) :p :D

although at least one ate thats a start :D good luck wit the rest of m :D
Mouse Posted - 12/07/2010 : 14:11:28
it won't let me edit, ....I'm not sure if this is in the right section!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000