The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Cold Snake advice please.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/07/2010 : 20:05:14
Can anyone offer me some advice please. My Sindy is an active snake and often searching round her viv in the evening. She is feeding well and I'm still awaiting her first shed.

However I have noticed she is spending slot of time I. The cooler end of viv and I've noticed when I handle her she is cold to the touch, she warms up quickly while I'm holding her. I know the weather has been lovely lately could this be a factor?? Or am I bein a bit paroid? All temps are normal.
Any ad ice would be great. Cheers.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 05/07/2010 : 14:26:34
That I'm finding more and more true. Haha
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/07/2010 : 12:53:51
quote:
Originally posted by bernie4547

Thanks Guys, seems likes what I'm doing is ok then just me being a bit paranoid. Cheers.

It's one of a cornsnakes jobs to cause worry. They do it on purpose.
n/a Posted - 05/07/2010 : 07:36:24
Thanks Guys, seems likes what I'm doing is ok then just me being a bit paranoid. Cheers.
gregDT Posted - 04/07/2010 : 22:56:32
Sounds fine to me. In fact the warm end could be a degree warmer with no harm done. I've had my fella for about two and a half weeks. He's started wandering around his viv during the evening and when I get him out he's very active. But like yours he's cool to the touch so I don't think there's much to worry about.
n/a Posted - 04/07/2010 : 21:17:23
Thanks, the hot end is balanced out between 27 - 28.5 c heated by a heat mat and controlled by a MatStat. This is monitored by a digital thermometer. The cool end is around 22 - 23.5 c again monitored by digital thermometer. The substrate is Aspen throughout. Hope this helps. Thanks for the advice.
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/07/2010 : 20:35:42
She might not actually be to cold.
Human body temps are around the 38c mark, snakes are around the 30c mark so the snake may just feel cool to you if you have warm hands.
If you could give us the temps of your viv (cool and warm end) plus info on how you heat and monitor the temps would be great.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000