The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Classifieds
 Reptiles & Exotics for sale/re-homing
 Re-homing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/04/2010 : 16:35:51
I have a corn snake that needs to be re-homed. Will be sad to see him go but he is not eating. He shead on monday and that was all ok but he did it all in his little house rather than out in the open part of the viv. Help please.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 22/05/2010 : 19:08:29
That's very good to hear :)
n/a Posted - 22/05/2010 : 17:06:01
quote:
Originally posted by cheryl buldu

Just want to say a huge thanks to everyone...... he has eaten on 30.04.10 and again yesterday.. I am so happy now. I moved his tank to a higher level so my cats couldn't jump on the viv and he has been out looking. Thanks to everyone on here for all your advice I did the braining thing. THANKS xxxx

YAY!!
Glad he is eating again!
xXx
n/a Posted - 21/05/2010 : 13:34:05
Just want to say a huge thanks to everyone...... he has eaten on 30.04.10 and again yesterday.. I am so happy now. I moved his tank to a higher level so my cats couldn't jump on the viv and he has been out looking. Thanks to everyone on here for all your advice I did the braining thing. THANKS xxxx
devilsmistress Posted - 27/04/2010 : 13:15:53
Next feed brain the food, and offer if he dont take leave it on a plate in the viv over night and then let us know if he took it or not!
n/a Posted - 27/04/2010 : 10:50:43
Thanks I will try anything once to get him to eat.
HannahB Posted - 26/04/2010 : 16:26:06
you tried heating it with a hairdryer? i used to heat the mouse with a hairdryer just in front of my kings viv so the smell would waft towards his viv, it worked for me
n/a Posted - 26/04/2010 : 16:04:00
Thanks guys I will try the braining thing first but I will leave it a week as he never touch the one that I put in there the other day.
Sta~ple Posted - 23/04/2010 : 18:17:42
Don't try every day it may put him off. It really depends how old the snakie is.

Or you scent the mouse by washing it and make it smell like another animal like lizard skin or another rodents wee, droppings or blood.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 23/04/2010 : 16:59:57
Braining is where you make an incision through the mouses skull, so the brain is exposed. The smell should send the snake into hunting mode.
Scenting, i believe is where you scent the prey item, in this case mouse with a live mouse, the snake may then be "tricked" into believing that the dead mouse is alive and eat it.

If he isn't eating for natural reasons such as it being breeding season which is likely at this time of year and with a snake which is older than 2 or 3 then these may not work.
n/a Posted - 23/04/2010 : 16:24:18
What is braining or scenting... have left over night and still didnt eat it... hope that he might have eaten the one left in there today.
devilsmistress Posted - 23/04/2010 : 12:34:31
Have you tried braining, scenting, leaving in viv over night ect?? Im thinking its just because its breeding season, and he will probably start eating by the time we have moved! LOL
n/a Posted - 23/04/2010 : 11:12:27
Thanks I have got your e-mail I will keep trying up to when you are settled and if he hasnt eaten by then we can give it a go. Thanks for all your help. I have moved his viv higher up so that the cats cant jump on his viv. I only hope that this helps.
devilsmistress Posted - 22/04/2010 : 14:30:09
Sent you an email, Im only in Gillingham, so may be ble to help you get him feeding so you dont have to get rid of him altogether!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/04/2010 : 17:45:11
It may be that he has gone off his food because of breeding season.

Infact if he is deffinitely a he then that is most probably why.
n/a Posted - 21/04/2010 : 16:44:30
His shed was good like always hasnt eaten for about 8 weeks if not longer and he is about 6ft It would be all of it and yes can get some pics of him. yes my e-mail is thebikerbabe@hotmail.co.uk. I like him loads but since I have had new kittens he has not come out to look or anything and I feel bad if he is not happy.

he is about 8 years old and I have had him since he was born
HannahB Posted - 21/04/2010 : 16:41:34
was his shed clean? ie did it all come off - eyecaps and tail tip?
how long has he not been feeding for? some corns stop feeding when they are getting ready to shed so he may start refeeding soon,
how big is he?
is it just the snake you are selling/rehoming or can you give the housing ect aswell?
have you got any pictures of him?
and do you have an email address people can contact you on if they are interested?
n/a Posted - 21/04/2010 : 16:39:04
Sorry location in Chatham, Kent

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000