The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Classifieds
 Reptiles & Exotics for sale/re-homing
 Courier for hire :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NexivRed Posted - 11/07/2012 : 16:51:05
Hi everyone. I know I'm new to the reptile boards and so not known very well (I hope that will change), but I'd just like to say that am advertising my personal services for a courier. I'm a stay at home eager to earn a bit of pocket money, and you won't be forking out for any fuel costs with me, just my time.

I used to work as a self employed courier for a company called EDS based in Colchester before I had my son, and they would be happy to give a character reference if you required. Worked there for 3 years and loved my job.

I'm very trustworthy and a decent driver so your snakes will arrive safely! (I'll have my boy in tow after all). I am based in Suffolk and could do shorter, 3hr round trips during the afternoon hours, or I can travel further within reason with late morning pick ups, early afternoon drop offs.
The counties I would be happy to cover would be Suffolk; Norfolk; Cambridgeshire; Hertfordshire; Bedfordshire; Buckinghamshire; Surrey; Kent and Essex, and at a push I might be able to stretch to Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire. I have no idea about Greater London as I'm unfamiliar with congestion charges etc.

I hope it's okay to post this here, and of course if it's in violation of any forum rules then please remove it. But after looking around for my first corn snakes and seeing how all the ones I want are so far away, (and after seeing people post some enormous courier quotes) I thought, why the hell not. I used to do it, love to do it, and could do with the money :)

Thanks for reading,
Jen
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NexivRed Posted - 12/07/2012 : 01:13:15
I have to stress that if anyone *were* to contact me, then you are aware I'm not registered with DEFRA or have insurance etc, and that this forum does not endorse you use me. I don't want to get anyone into trouble.
Donnie Posted - 12/07/2012 : 00:26:48
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha

i belive i be asking you for a quate soon

She is not doing it now if you read her later post
Raksha Posted - 12/07/2012 : 00:07:40
i belive i be asking you for a quate soon
eeji Posted - 11/07/2012 : 22:23:10
its a nice thought, but theres a lot of officialdom to satisfy :(

*edit - theres nothing to stop you going through all the official stuff and making a proper business out of it
NexivRed Posted - 11/07/2012 : 21:44:02
Oh, what a shame. I don't really want to get into anythIng like that. Just wanted to treat it as favours for friends. Oh well, never mind :(
eeji Posted - 11/07/2012 : 18:45:54
if you're charging then you'll need to be licensed by DEFRA and have insurance for anything you're carrying along with public liability insurance too

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000