The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 pearl corn snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 25/04/2010 : 20:25:06
Sorry, i'm not very good with morph's at all! lol.
My local reptile shop have started selling pearl corn snakes, i've never heard of these and i've looked them up on google and on here and can't find them. What do they look like?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 01/05/2010 : 15:02:01
That must be confusing as hell. Surely you would have to have it tested to see which parent it is more like and put the care requirements more to that parent *_*
DannyBrown91 Posted - 01/05/2010 : 12:36:49
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I also guess it allows confusion about temperatures though if the two parents need different ones.

Yes care requirements for hybrids can differ depending on what the parents are.
Sta~ple Posted - 01/05/2010 : 12:30:28
I also guess it allows confusion about temperatures though if the two parents need different ones.
hayleyb93 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:59:47
That is a lovely looking snake. Thats cool how you can breed different types, allows for a lot of variety.
eeji Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:45:35
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I would guess so. I think a type of python and another type of python would be more the case though such as a Carpet python with a Green tree python.

carpet x gtp = carpondro.......

hayleyb93 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:31:20
ah right. thats quite cool, would be interesting to see what morphs of snake are produced.
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:20:02
I would guess so. I think a type of python and another type of python would be more the case though such as a Carpet python with a Green tree python.
hayleyb93 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:12:36
ahh right, that makes sense, very cool. so then can this be done with other snakes, like a python and a snake which is similar?
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:09:16
Corns and pythons can't breed together. It would be like a lion and a zebra trying to breed. Corn snake can breed with members of the some members of the Colubridae family. Just think that corns can mate with rat snakes and milk snakes and yes, they do have to be similar size or one of them is food to the other.
hayleyb93 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 19:12:26
wait...snakes cross breed in the wild? I assume they have to be similar size? Like a corn and a king snake, could that happen? I dont know anything about king snakes so maybe that a dumb question, but i think they are roughly similar size yea? but say a full grown female corn and a young python..that wouldnt happen right? maybe these questions are stupid but i dont know mush about the sze of other snakes or anything but im just interested to know.
hayleyb93 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 08:14:45
Awh I like it, but it wouldnt be my first choice of snakey.
Kellog Posted - 29/04/2010 : 11:56:08
quote:
Originally posted by hayleyb93

Im going to be honest, I think it doesnt look half bad, first kinda looks like an anery or lavender corn to me and the second like a butter. Its not the most exciting looking snake, but i think its nice, but to be honest I think breeding the two different types of snake is a bit messed up.

It is not the colouring I dont like Hayley, as the shape.....not sure why, cant quite explain it. Maybe if I saw better pictures than that one I may feel differently, but to me that snake just doesnt look nice shape-wise.

xxx
Sta~ple Posted - 29/04/2010 : 07:22:38
It is a little messd but but they would do it in the wild. I don't get the people that try and breed corns and kings it seems like a dangerous thing to do with all the stuff about the king snake possibly going for the corn but I guess this can happen with corns and corns.
hayleyb93 Posted - 29/04/2010 : 06:42:57
Im going to be honest, I think it doesnt look half bad, first kinda looks like an anery or lavender corn to me and the second like a butter. Its not the most exciting looking snake, but i think its nice, but to be honest I think breeding the two different types of snake is a bit messed up.
eeji Posted - 28/04/2010 : 22:52:11
the 'rat snake' name is a very broad umbrella covering many different species, so even though eg a corn and a texas rat are both ratsnakes they are different species.
Sta~ple Posted - 28/04/2010 : 22:45:51
Wow, I wasn't the only one to find them kinda meh then but then again, I don't like most of the hybrid crosses and they don't seems to look that much different from other morphs to be honest accept then corn x milk snake one. They don't look ugly, all snakes are lovely to me but they don't look as special as their name made them sound.

Can offspring with corn and rat snake parents really be called a proper hybrid though since corn snakes are rat snakes?
josh9961 Posted - 28/04/2010 : 21:23:11
personally I cant say I like the appearance of Leucistic TRS's. They just seem a bit too unnaturral as morphs go.
eeji Posted - 28/04/2010 : 18:40:47
i wonder what the F2s look like once the leucistic is recovered?

...also the temperament, texas rats have a bit of a reputation! :D
josh9961 Posted - 28/04/2010 : 16:06:15
hmmm I like the second one that retained some of the red from the corn...
But if you want red from a corn then get a corn!
crazy JJ Posted - 28/04/2010 : 10:09:04
looks odd 2 me...

but i dont believe in the cross breeding anyway it has 2 be a pure corn 4 me me thinks :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000