The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Xanthic snows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mouse Posted - 15/04/2010 : 10:30:30
There are pics of Xanthic snows and normal snows that look identical in Ians vivarium site.

I though Xanthic have yellow bits, but some of the normal snows seem to also have yellow bits.

Am I being dense? (probably!!)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mouse Posted - 09/06/2010 : 11:04:00
Well, I asked, just cause The snow I got from Mike has yellow markings down it, as was trying to figure if it was Xanthic, or snow with a bit of yellow! :D
Gaz_1989 Posted - 26/05/2010 : 08:17:06
I think your question has been answered pretty much.

But i saw a Xanthic snow adult at the weekend that had less yellow on it than my normal snow has.

Stella was really pink when i had her, now her sides are turning yellow and she is only 11 months old, so i think she will be very yellow when she is older.

Gaz
n/a Posted - 15/05/2010 : 13:39:28
I have a xanthic snow stripe. They are also known as xanthic butters because of the caramel. mine is a baby of the on on ians vivarium. bought him from lexcorn. The colours are beautiful. only a yearling and a small one at that. can't wait till all the colour comes out. already a very special looking snake.
HannahB Posted - 15/04/2010 : 17:33:17
saw a adult pair last year at donny..
they were really yellow.. almost like a pale golden shade with white patches..very nice aswell
n/a Posted - 15/04/2010 : 16:46:28
Im expecting some this year, will post pics as soon as possible even if the young probably won't look that special.
Jennet Posted - 15/04/2010 : 13:36:07
As it says on the pic just above the Xanthic Snow.....

Xanthic Snow is a combination of Snow and Caramel. The result is very similar to a regular snow, but with a slight yellowy tint.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/04/2010 : 11:59:54
Normal snows have yellow bits aswell but apparently xanthic snows get a yellow tinge throught the whole body although i have personally never seen one.

The biggest difference is the genes. Snow is a mixture of Anery and Amel, Xanthic snow is a mixture of Anery, Amel and Caramel.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000