The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 So am I right?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/03/2010 : 01:23:58
I THINK my new stud muffin (Graeme) is a pretty standard Okeetee, but would love to get more educated eyes than my own to confirm this..

He's ~4 years old, my first corn (actually my first snake) and I JUST brought him home yesterday, and am completely in love.. :)

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 12/03/2010 : 18:35:38
i think he's a normal too :)

...and congrats on getting your first (of many!) snakes! ;)
mikerichards Posted - 12/03/2010 : 16:08:09
Very nice, I think a better picture of the belly will actually prove him to be hypo, will wait and see! Don't go breaking anymore rules tho!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 12/03/2010 : 14:40:42
quote:
Originally posted by peithecelt

Thank you so much guys.. I had been looking at the pics over at iansvivarium, which was why I was thinking Okeetee, he's a littler darker/rusty colored than most of the Carolina's, and though his saddle bands aren't as thick as a lot of Okeetees, they're thicker than a lot of Carolina's.. But you guys know more than I do, so... Thank you.. :) (And it really makes no difference to me, I think he's gorgeous no matter what his morph.. I was just curious if I was right or not.. lol)

Kellog - see my intro post, I think I answered all your questions, including the breaking of the one week rule.. *guilty grin* (though it WAS a thought through breaking of the rule)

He is indeed a a very loevly snake. I think it is most probably a carolina but can see where you got okeetee from. It could even be that is parents where Okeetee and carolina as this would give characteristics of both, with wild type corns such as okeetees and carolinas there can be alot of natural variation.
n/a Posted - 12/03/2010 : 14:32:30
Thank you so much guys.. I had been looking at the pics over at iansvivarium, which was why I was thinking Okeetee, he's a littler darker/rusty colored than most of the Carolina's, and though his saddle bands aren't as thick as a lot of Okeetees, they're thicker than a lot of Carolina's.. But you guys know more than I do, so... Thank you.. :) (And it really makes no difference to me, I think he's gorgeous no matter what his morph.. I was just curious if I was right or not.. lol)

Kellog - see my intro post, I think I answered all your questions, including the breaking of the one week rule.. *guilty grin* (though it WAS a thought through breaking of the rule)
HannahB Posted - 12/03/2010 : 09:20:59
im with BE, it looks more like a normal than an okeetee
welcome to the forum, greame is lovely!
Blackecho Posted - 12/03/2010 : 06:52:34
quote:
Originally posted by peithecelt

Saddle borders do not look wide enough for Okeetee for me, so I'd say Carolina.
Kellog Posted - 12/03/2010 : 04:45:23
Hi Petra and welcome to the forum. I am afraid I cant help you at all with morphs (I am rubbish!!) but you could look at iansviv (http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/okeetee/) and see what you think....although I am sure our Morph Master (Eeji) or one of the other morph experts will be along soon to give you a proper answer.

You say you just brought him home yesterday. We always suggest you follow the one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)...no handling or feeding for the first week to allow Graeme to get over the stress of the move and for him to get used to the new smells and his new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so he can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You mustnt worry about Graeme not feeding for that week, corns are a lot hardier than we realise and going for a week without food will not do them any harm, no matter how small they are. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting Graeme to de-stress and feel safe with you. It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake.

It is very hard to tell details from your photo, but do you have 2 hides in the viv - one in the warm end and one in the cool end? How are you heating the viv?

The TCS site and forum provide great information and the best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

Post a topic in the introduction section so we can all say hi properly! (I will probably repeat this information as my memory is terrible, so apologies now if I do!!)

Whatever morph Graeme is, he is stunning. How old is he? Weight/length? What are you feeding him on and how often? Sorry, just being really nosey ...but you will find we are like that with new members, we just love finding out everything we can about their snakes !!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000