The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 oscar and sid

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misstwinkle Posted - 16/02/2010 : 01:01:30
ok id like u to meet oscar and sid. could someone plz tell me if sid is amel? i want to believe he is, but lookin at the pair together their different. sid has alot of browny/orange on his head but as it goes down it almost seems to fade. and also while ur lookin could u plz tell me if u think sid looks thin, as u can see his backbone, he was given to me yesterday, and i believe he wasnt look after well.

oscar is on the left and sid on the right.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 16/02/2010 : 17:19:44
got my fingers crossed he gains a bit of weight for you soon
also like mike said theres no such thing as a silly question - ask any q and someone will be around to answer it
misstwinkle Posted - 16/02/2010 : 17:05:57
ok thanks:) ill have to let u know how it goes:)
mikerichards Posted - 16/02/2010 : 16:48:21
Every 7 days is fine, I let them get the food all the way down before offering a second, chances are they will refuse otherwise, plus it let's them concentrate on getting it down fully before being distracted.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers!
misstwinkle Posted - 16/02/2010 : 16:44:10
ok ill try 2 small mice, would that be every 7 days? and also ive never fed my snakes 2 mice at a time before, so do i offer the other one after the first and gone right down or what? sorry if thats a stupid question
mikerichards Posted - 16/02/2010 : 16:39:26
I hope you have years left too, would be a shame to come to a good home after many and be his last few months! I am being negative, apologies....... You will have years of fun together, he will feed like a monster from now on and put on loads of weight and be a happy chappy!

That's better!
HannahB Posted - 16/02/2010 : 16:33:50
maybe give him two small mice so that one medium mouse isnt such a big jump for him - considering hes only just had his first small mouse!
given his feeding history im sure he'll appreciate getting regular feeds
misstwinkle Posted - 16/02/2010 : 15:53:23
he never said why the other one died, probably wasnt gettin enough food. i hope he we dont lose him yet, i like to think we've got years left with him. hes such a lovely snake. ive got a couple of small mice in the freezer still, so ill let him finish them off and then ill try him with a medium one.
mikerichards Posted - 16/02/2010 : 15:29:27
Just goes to show what can happen if you don't feed the right size!
Its also entirely possible he is an elderly chap, and is starting to decline, did the previous person say why the other died? My o/h is friends with a lady who bought a baby off me nearly 20 years ago, late last year he started losing lots of weight, to be honest, I don't know if he is still alive, but he could be in the same boat as yours. If he is happy to feed well, then start him off on 1 medium mouse then work up to 2, then go large, and see how you go, you might find he fills out quickly.
misstwinkle Posted - 16/02/2010 : 13:34:29
thanks for replyin. im not sure how old he is, the previous own had him roughly 5 years, but he had an owner before him too, also he was in with another corn, but that one died last october. the reason i think he hasnt been look after well is that the man said is thinks the other snake wasnt a corn because he was a different colour! and also sids last feed at his old home was his first small mouse!
so sid weighs 200gs hes roughly 3'7" and has only just started bein fed small mice once a week, i fed him last night and that went down quickly, i could still see a bump when it had gone down.
oscar weighs 350g hes 3'8" and is fed 1 large mouse a week and hes 2 and a half
HannahB Posted - 16/02/2010 : 07:44:02
agree with Mike about the morph..
i think with regular feeds sid will be fine.. what weight/length is he? and whats he currently being fed?
you can just see his backbone in that first pic but with small regular feeds then moving up gradually to a larger meal once a week he should gain weight nicely
well done for giving him a lovely home though - both are really pretty snakes
mikerichards Posted - 16/02/2010 : 06:40:30
Both are amels, I can't see the pic properly to see if he is too thin or not.
Basically if the snake has a sort or triangular shape then he needs some meat on his bones, if he's more square, then he's looking ok. If he eats ok then regular feeding will get him back up to weight in no time.

There are many variations of the amelanistic theme, some have no white, some have lots of white, its all much of a muchness really! One thing that is common in all amels maybe with the exception of paradoxes is there is absolutely no black.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000