The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Anery or Charcoal?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 12:31:44
Can anyone tell me what morph this is? I've looked on eeji's site at the morph guide but cant decide whether I think it's Anery or charcoal, but leaning more towards charcoal? They seem to look quite similar as hatchlings. I can't ask the seller as I'm not a full member of pre loved and the ads only been up 3 days... just as an aside does anyone know how long after you can respond to an ad on pre loved if you're not a full member as I cant seem to find that info either? And it's possible the seller wont know anyway as there's minimum info on the ad, other than it's an unwanted Xmas gift, how sad that animals still end up as unplanned Xmas presents.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:00:00
Well whatever he was it seems he's now gone to a new home!
eeji Posted - 01/02/2010 : 19:02:27
quote:
Originally posted by kloe2008

Anery. Charcoals are a lot lighter and generally show signs of brown & grey colouring as opposed to strictly black and yellows in an anery...

anery fades out to grey as they get older, and some turn a mucky brown colour ;)
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 15:08:34
Anery. Charcoals are a lot lighter and generally show signs of brown & grey colouring as opposed to strictly black and yellows in an anery...
eeji Posted - 25/01/2010 : 13:02:26
not all charcoals have no yellow, so thats not a reliable method of distinguishing from anery. Check out the eyes, thats usually a good indicator which is which (but again not 100% reliable)
mikerichards Posted - 25/01/2010 : 00:01:03
yeah he is really dark! hes a stunning boy, i have plans for him this year and hes gonna love it! hes a bit of a keen breeder, kinda doesnt take no for an answer!
gingerpony Posted - 24/01/2010 : 23:34:10
your anery motley is a particularly dark example in contrast...
mikerichards Posted - 24/01/2010 : 23:27:24
he looks charcoal to me, the best way is to look at the face and neck, charcoals are type b anery, and have no yellow on their sides down their neck, and also if you look at their faces, you can see a sort of purple hue, they are very pretty!

You can see my charcoal on the right, if you can zoom in, you will see no yellow, and possibly a bit of purple on her cheeks.
gingerpony Posted - 18/01/2010 : 21:14:34
quote:
Originally posted by Matts_Mum

Lol GP, I've only seen one Anery in the real world, but I can guess there'd be lots of different ones... just to make it harder for people like me!

Chrissy, I think some of them would rather have a sale for £20 less than no sale at all.

there's a lot of morphs that can visually be one or another possibility but can be proved by selectively breeding them, just as an example some caramels can look like ambers.....
it DOES make it hard for beginners and experienced breeders alike at times!
n/a Posted - 18/01/2010 : 00:06:18
quote:

Chrissy, I think some of them would rather have a sale for £20 less than no sale at all.

indeed, it is such a shame that it's the snakes that suffer for it, and not to mention the poor unsuspecting owners that may loose the snake over it
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 23:38:08
Lol GP, I've only seen one Anery in the real world, but I can guess there'd be lots of different ones... just to make it harder for people like me!

n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 23:18:55
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

ah fair point about the lack of stats on most "full" set ups

I've seen plenty for sale on line as 'complete set up, all you need to get started' blah blah blah, and was told by one of my own local shops that I didn't need one.

can get rather annoying!, i'm just glad thatwhere i got the tofinator from, they insisted on a thermostat and even explained to me why it's needed!
gingerpony Posted - 17/01/2010 : 22:54:25
quote:
Originally posted by danbaylis35

looks charcoal to me too dark for anery

have you seen the visual contrast in the anery genetics? lol

the 2 anery's i've had couldn't really be ANY further at either ends of the range!!
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 21:51:56
quote:

I've seen plenty for sale on line as 'complete set up, all you need to get started' blah blah blah, and was told by one of my own local shops that I didn't need one.
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 21:09:09
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 20:50:57
quote:
im glad they got back to you i will be keeping my fingeres crossed that he finds a home by then
if he has not, are you thinking of taking him in?

Well I'd think about it, depends what info they could give me, like are they providing a heat mat & stat for the £80 they are asking. It say's full set up, but I've read enough posts on here to know that not everyone is given a stat with a supposed full set up.
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 20:44:08
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

i have no idea of the morph so sorry i cannot help in that department but he is stunning!

He is rather lovely isn't he? I can't believe he's unwanted.

i know, its such a shame! poor little guy and really annoying that he is an unwanted Christmas present!
i don't know about Preloved either so i can't really help sorry

Pre loved got back to me, it's 10 days following an ad that a free member can contact a seller... hopefully he will have found a home by then.

im glad they got back to you i will be keeping my fingeres crossed that he finds a home by then
if he has not, are you thinking of taking him in?
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 20:43:43
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

i think anery, it looks too dark and 'contrasty' to be charcoal. Its definetly not Granite, they have no belly chequers ;)

Thanks eeji.
eeji Posted - 17/01/2010 : 20:03:00
i think anery, it looks too dark and 'contrasty' to be charcoal. Its definetly not Granite, they have no belly chequers ;)
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 19:57:54
quote:

quote:

quote:

i have no idea of the morph so sorry i cannot help in that department but he is stunning!

i know, its such a shame! poor little guy and really annoying that he is an unwanted Christmas present!

Pre loved got back to me, it's 10 days following an ad that a free member can contact a seller... hopefully he will have found a home by then.
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 19:36:28
quote:

quote:

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000