The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 I Need Help Please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 08/01/2010 : 14:03:10
I have been browsing cornsnake forums/websites and i came across a cornsnake morph which i really like the look of.

Its been shown as being Lavender Strip Het Hypo, now i'm not a cornsnake expert so can anyone tell me if this the definitive name for this colour/type of morph so i can find one please?

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 11/02/2010 : 22:20:27
somebody somewhere will probably have made anery lav stripe, the hard bit is finding them :S
n/a Posted - 11/02/2010 : 22:04:19
thanks for the help. i'm still on the look out. All my other snakes are doing fine.

Got my eye on one these also Anery Lavender:-

Hoping these will be available shortly. Does this come in stripe version also?
eeji Posted - 11/02/2010 : 19:43:50
the general opinion over on IV is that it is a lav stripe
hiper2009 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 12:23:29
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

[quote]

Am saving up though for a blue or black eyed lucy royal atm...£1 down... about £1,499 to go!

Very nice your rich you can buy my Brazilian Rainbow Boa for me for my bday in a couple of months
mikerichards Posted - 11/02/2010 : 11:59:17
Where is the pic of the unknown snake from? Its entirely possible its a new morph in america, in which case it will be near on impossible to get without parting with silly money.
Also importing from america is not worth it for a single snake.
I was quoted by Kathy Love for importing 1 snake was in the region of 600 quid, including taxes, bear in mind though, if you import 600 snakes, its about the same!
eeji Posted - 10/02/2010 : 22:55:00
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

£300 just for a lav stripe - Hannah You could of bought a nice super pastel royal for that price lol

i'd rather have spent that on 600 cups of tea instead of buying a r***l
HannahB Posted - 10/02/2010 : 22:08:34
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

£300 just for a lav stripe - Hannah You could of bought a nice super pastel royal for that price lol

actually he was £275 but whos checking
nah i prefer my boy edison lol.. am saving up though for a blue or black eyed lucy royal atm...£1 down... about £1,499 to go!
hiper2009 Posted - 10/02/2010 : 22:00:51
eeji Posted - 03/02/2010 : 10:47:11
try lexcorn on ians vivarium, i think she may be doing lav stripe again this year
mikerichards Posted - 02/02/2010 : 21:57:25
There is another reptile forum, google that, and ye shall have the answer soon enough. There is guy called Nigel, who breeds corns, his username is cornmorphs, i have asked him about this snake, and he doesnt know! There are also a few others on there that are gonna have lav stripes, and hypo lav stripes. I would imagine hypo bloodred lavs will be about shortly too!
n/a Posted - 02/02/2010 : 09:12:27
Thanks for great reply Mike and everyone else.
I'll continue to look out for Lavender Stripes and other stripe morphs as above everything else i think they look the best.

Please can you point me in the direction of "other forums", ads or tell me who might have a lavender stripe female "hatchlings". PM or email me may be best as not sure if posting other site links is allowed.

Trying to not get over stocked before Doncaster as i'm looking forward to snake shopping there, but it is so far away.

Whats the chances of finding a 100% lavender stripe?
mikerichards Posted - 31/01/2010 : 20:32:35
That looks like a vanishing stripe, but not a lavender, it looks very much like a white oaks rat, but with a corn head!
As for morphs, lavender stripes are not as rare as they used to be, there are a lot about, i can point you in the direction of someonw i know will have some for sale, amongst other things. To be honest, if you can find some now then go for it, there isnt going to be much of a price difference, once the season kicks off there are going to be loads about. The market in corns has kinda fallen out the last couple of months, some of the more expensive snakes are quite cheap now. A blizzard can go from anywhere from 60 quid, to mine which i sold for 150, a lot of people are producing snakes, not really understanding the effort thats gone into creating them and selling them very cheap, just to get shot and make a couple of quid.
If you are patient, and scour the ads, both here and other forums, you will find some good deals, just beware of hets, only buy hets if you are certain that they are honest people, there are too many made up hets about. If you want a Lav stripe, at least buy lav het stripes, that way even if it turns out to not be het, its not all lost, but also, bear in mind, just because its a 100% het, that doesnt mean you are guaranteed to actually get one out in a clutch.
Bloodred is a good one to put into lavender, and hypo too, you will get normal babies, but they are het for lav, bloodred and hypo, but then you have a chance of hypo lavender bloodreds, which are lovely, and still command a decent price.
There is no expertise in finding morphs, its just case of looking and finding the right one.
Understanding the way the genetics work is paramount if you want to make something with your breeding, if you dont know where you are starting, then where are you gonna end up?
If you dont understand them, or what a brush up, then just say and i can explain a little for you.

Mike
n/a Posted - 30/01/2010 : 20:09:57
Advice needed on the rarer morphs. Is the market for these rarer morphs ultra competitive or it more laid back.
Im wanting female lavender stripes for instance, is it the case that if i wait untill april/may time there will loads available or do i need to be in first with high offers or risk missing out.
I was hoping that if i waited untill doncaster show there would be some bargains or is it that they generally the same price at the show as they would be any other time?
Maybe the expert morph finders wont share thier secrets but its worth a try
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 11:03:40
I'm still on the hunt for this morph, so a confirmation of which morph it is would be great.
HannahB Posted - 27/01/2010 : 22:47:08
£300 is cheap.. some snakes such as those with pied sides can easily reach over 1.5k.. lol hes the most expensive of my babies though
Umpa Posted - 27/01/2010 : 20:50:26
Wow I had no idea they fetched so much money !
eeji Posted - 27/01/2010 : 19:57:21
i'm not convinced this is a lav stripe, it looks too 'white' - i'll ask around on this because i'm not too good on grey/white corns :)
HannahB Posted - 27/01/2010 : 19:56:32
quote:
Originally posted by Shampers77

So i've been in contact with Sue at hisnhers and she has been very helpful. What i'm now looking for are female hatchlings for a possible breeding project in the future:-

100% pure lavender Stripe
Lavender het for stripe

Now again im not a professional snake keeper and i dont know the majority of breeders or shops that may have these or if indeed its just the wrong time of the year to be shopping around. But even if in the end they didn't breed i just so want some of the snakes

So if you know who has some or if indeed you have some yourself let me know. Putting myself down on breeders lists for these guys as i guess they're hard to find.

Is importing these guys from the US in small quantites something that is done by the private breeders in the UK?

Hoping for some favourable replies.

i know i shouldnt be advertising other forums but iansviv has a lot of breeders on there who deal with the fancy breeds..i remember quite a few of them were expecting lavenders..pure, with hets, normal lavs, motleys and striped

Umpa if thats aimed at me then yes..i paid just under £300 for my boy
Umpa Posted - 27/01/2010 : 19:08:41
300 just for the snake ?
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 10:54:24
So i've been in contact with Sue at hisnhers and she has been very helpful. What i'm now looking for are female hatchlings for a possible breeding project in the future:-

100% pure lavender Stripe
Lavender het for stripe

Now again im not a professional snake keeper and i dont know the majority of breeders or shops that may have these or if indeed its just the wrong time of the year to be shopping around. But even if in the end they didn't breed i just so want some of the snakes

So if you know who has some or if indeed you have some yourself let me know. Putting myself down on breeders lists for these guys as i guess they're hard to find.

Is importing these guys from the US in small quantites something that is done by the private breeders in the UK?

Hoping for some favourable replies.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000