The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 confused

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gmac Posted - 03/01/2010 : 01:13:11
we were told that our corn was a ghost, but after a few sheds he seems to be keeping his lavender / peachy colouring. We know his dad was a ghost and his mum lavender but we dont know any hets. Any guesses

thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 10/01/2010 : 10:51:03
looks like my ghost (ssst) with a bit of my caramel corn (baby) on his underside in one picture nice snake
eeji Posted - 04/01/2010 : 18:54:22
ghost is most likely, but with that much colour he easily qualifies as a Pastel ;)
HannahB Posted - 03/01/2010 : 22:53:10
make sure you regularly post more pics of him so we can see his peachiness come through - hes fab
gmac Posted - 03/01/2010 : 20:25:23
Ok thanks eeji, lets call him a Ghost. thanks all
eeji Posted - 03/01/2010 : 20:22:54
errrrrrrrrrrrr

its a flip up I think, between a colourful ghost (Pastel) or a lavender ghost.

the 3 hets that pop up the most often (that aren't known about) are amel, anery and hypo, so theres a good chance the lav parent is het anery and hypo.
There is also a good chance that the lav parent is homo anery, a lot of UK lavs are ;)
gmac Posted - 03/01/2010 : 19:53:26
thanks BB,
just to find out what, if any the other morphs were from the clutch as he may only have told about the ghosts.
n/a Posted - 03/01/2010 : 19:50:09
Hi Gmac.

Sadie's mum (or dad, I don't remember now) was a Lavender as I recall but she's nowhere near as peachy as Hades. What a lovely looking colour he is.

xxx
dazb Posted - 03/01/2010 : 19:47:30
It is probably just a very nice one...

Like i said above it could only be a Ghost, Anery, Hypo or Normal which you wouldnt get mixed up.

It could be a Lavender, but that would make the the dad a Ghost het Lavender which would produce a clutch of Anery, Ghosts, Hypo and Lavenders (25% of each) with various hets.
gmac Posted - 03/01/2010 : 19:41:27
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

Thats confusing me then...

Thanks dazb,
Im pretty sure it is a ghost, but not seen one this peachy.
dazb Posted - 03/01/2010 : 19:36:29
Thats confusing me then...

To get Ghosts from a Ghost/Lavender pairing the Lavender would have to be het Hypo, Het Anery... but that would only give you a 25% chance per egg of being a Ghost. The others would be 25% Anery, 25% Hypo and 25% Normals het Ghost.

gmac Posted - 03/01/2010 : 17:20:59
quote:

In that case... your welcome...

Ask your friend if he had a mixed clutch of morphs or if they were all the same. Will help in working it out.

spoke to him he said the others were ghosts, ours is the only one with the clouring.
dazb Posted - 03/01/2010 : 17:18:13
In that case... your welcome...

Ask your friend if he had a mixed clutch of morphs or if they were all the same. Will help in working it out.
gmac Posted - 03/01/2010 : 16:11:44
quote:

Very nice little corn...

I cant tell if she is a Lavender or a Ghost but here is my thoughts, hope you dont mind...

The breeder (i would have thought) would have known this so would have told you the hets of the parents.

dazb dont mind your thoughts at all, appreciate the help

unfortunately the breeder, who happens to be a friend of mine is a bit surprised by how he is looking as this is the only one in the clutch that has got the peachy /lavender colouring. The only het he is aware of is motley but that wont help (i dont think). Bonus though he has asked to borrow him when he old enough to breed from.

Blackecho and GP thanks
Lilpunk Posted - 03/01/2010 : 16:09:01
It looks like a ghost. Most ghosts have a peachy kind of hue to their otherwise pale colouring, sometimes even in adulthood. Very pretty, I love him.
gingerpony Posted - 03/01/2010 : 14:09:42
does to me too....
Blackecho Posted - 03/01/2010 : 13:00:24
Looks like a ghost to me.
dazb Posted - 03/01/2010 : 12:35:27
Cheers Piers...

I know it doesnt help the OP with their initial question but I started off just trying to say the breeder would know if there were any hets...
Blackecho Posted - 03/01/2010 : 12:26:13
Spot on Daz.
dazb Posted - 03/01/2010 : 12:25:57
Very nice little corn...

I cant tell if she is a Lavender or a Ghost but here is my thoughts, hope you dont mind...

If the parents were Ghost and Lavender with no known hets you would just get a clutch normals, het Ghosts, het Lavender.

The male would have to be Ghost het Lavender to produce any Lavenders, or the female would have to be Lavender het Hypo, het Anery to produce Ghosts in the clutch which would be het Lavender.

The breeder (i would have thought) would have known this so would have told you the hets of the parents.

Someone please correct me if im wrong as i aint no expert and still learning...
gmac Posted - 03/01/2010 : 11:10:15
do these help at all eeji

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000