The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 'Black Corn' Morph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CAL Posted - 05/12/2009 : 22:21:44
I went into a reptile shop today and they were selling a 'black' corn morph. There was nothing black about it - it was a mix of earthy brown and faun saddles (sorry - not good at describing morphs and I could only see a little of the snake). I'm going to look up a few guides to see if I can better a reference but just wondered is anyone had hard of this before.

Thanks,

CAL
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 12/12/2009 : 22:14:19
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

quite expensive if you ask me kellog an okketee should be £25 ... well thats how much they are in my shop for hatchlings

not if it's a proper one, thats a bargain!
hillzi Posted - 12/12/2009 : 17:00:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Just checked out a shop you might be interested in Hillzi...in Lingfield, called Purple Pets, within Obviously Yours Garden centre. They had a hatchling black corn that I immediately said to my OH wasnt right. Admittedly it was very grey with black saddles. They also had an 09 oketee (sp) for £65...I think

xxx

Lingfield? Never heard of that, i'm in farnham. whilst i'm doing my chrismtas shopping, I'm heading round to check out reptile shops, going to sandhurst, SWG, the one in Surbiton.. Sandhurst Pet emporium is the bigger branch of my local, got a breeding group of corns in there!

Better not tell me, knowing me, I'd go of in there and find something to rant about.
Brookestar Posted - 12/12/2009 : 10:41:47
quite expensive if you ask me kellog an okketee should be £25 ... well thats how much they are in my shop for hatchlings
Kellog Posted - 12/12/2009 : 05:43:44
Just checked out a shop you might be interested in Hillzi...in Lingfield, called Purple Pets, within Obviously Yours Garden centre. They had a hatchling black corn that I immediately said to my OH wasnt right. Admittedly it was very grey with black saddles. They also had an 09 oketee (sp) for £65...I think, you know how bad my memory is! How is that price wise??

xxx
hillzi Posted - 08/12/2009 : 21:48:27
Now GP you can't eat it..
gingerpony Posted - 08/12/2009 : 21:32:24
but imagine if it was REAL chocolate.................
hiper2009 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 23:31:14
Pretty sad what these's low budgit shops do try and name these's corns something eles to sell it.
gingerpony Posted - 07/12/2009 : 21:26:08
bit like the chocolate/carolina corn thing................!!
hillzi Posted - 07/12/2009 : 20:12:19
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

it'll be a common morph that they've renamed to try and shift it............

Are you sure the shop haven't let a bull lose in there? Smells funny.
eeji Posted - 07/12/2009 : 10:02:37
if its an 'average sort of shop' (ie. one that doesn't have its own breeding programs etc) then its most likely an anery, or a very young normal
CAL Posted - 06/12/2009 : 22:58:44
I think it could have been a Granite or Anerythristic - but I'm rubbish at guessing morphs.

One things for certain - there was no black in it.
gingerpony Posted - 06/12/2009 : 07:03:03
it'll be a common morph that they've renamed to try and shift it............

sounds a bit like a ghost to me.......but struggling to picture it from your description
hillzi Posted - 05/12/2009 : 22:27:17
Heard of it, theyr'e not true morphs, i think theyr'e hybrids..

or maybe patternless?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000