The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 What Do I Get When I Breed These Together?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/12/2009 : 05:54:40
ok well i got a Snow corn snake which i noe is amelanistic + anery... and i also got a fluorescent orange corn snake which is amelanistic i noe. so what would i get if i mixed the two together? my thought was that out of 15 eggs i would get

3 amels
3 anery
4 snow
5 fluorescent orange

is that correct? or are there more or less colour morphs i should be expecting?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 10/12/2009 : 09:36:36
haha im think of breeding them together and then selling all the males and then buy a anery or something:D im also saving up for a pair of mexican black kingsnakes:D they are amazing:D and im going to breed those together as well:D i want to become a profesional breeder:D thats my dream:D
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 14:09:48
quote:
Originally posted by Grecko

ok cool thanks:D

Are you going to breed them ?
n/a Posted - 08/12/2009 : 12:30:29
ok cool thanks:D
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 10:50:16
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

To get a mixture of Snow's and Anerys, the best snake to breed with your Snow would be an Anery het Amel, in theory you would get 50% Anery het Amel and 50% Snow.

Awesome
Blackecho Posted - 08/12/2009 : 07:11:39
To get a mixture of Snow's and Anerys, the best snake to breed with your Snow would be an Anery het Amel, in theory you would get 50% Anery het Amel and 50% Snow.
n/a Posted - 08/12/2009 : 04:36:20
ok so like how do i get anerys? if i breed my snow with my fluorescent orange i only get hets. do i just buy some other random morph and see what i get? like if i buy a lavender what would i get if i bred a lavender to a amel het anery? im trying to make snows and anerys they my favorite
eeji Posted - 01/12/2009 : 20:15:23
the inbreeding problems arise when 'undesirable' recessive traits appear, which is an increased chance when breeding related animals (of any species)
sexychef Posted - 01/12/2009 : 13:42:31
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Quite a few breeders pair related snakes to each other to purify bloodlines and get desired morphs,I dont think it affects reptiles quite as much as it would,say, dogs?

1st gen breeding is quite common and after 2nd gen i think thats when probs start arrising
Blackecho Posted - 01/12/2009 : 13:01:20
quote:
Originally posted by Grecko

ohh ok:D cool so then if i breed my amel hets together back with each other i might get some anerys:D ok cool thanks

No, if you pair Amel het Anerys together all offspring will be Amel, some will also be Anery (Amel and Anery = Snow).
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 12:07:56
Quite a few breeders pair related snakes to each other to purify bloodlines and get desired morphs,I dont think it affects reptiles quite as much as it would,say, dogs?
hillzi Posted - 01/12/2009 : 10:58:51
I don't know if incest exsists in snakes.

Not so sure..?
n/a Posted - 01/12/2009 : 10:54:43
ohh ok:D cool so then if i breed my amel hets together back with each other i might get some anerys:D ok cool thanks
Blackecho Posted - 01/12/2009 : 07:14:49
You would get all Amels het Anery.

The fluorescent orange may or may not show through.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000