The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Rare Morphs...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gaz_1989 Posted - 24/11/2009 : 08:56:18
Can someone give me a rough idea of how rare the following morphs are? I appreciate that some of these are crosses with other types of Snake...

Jungle Corn (Corn x King Snake)
Creamsicle Corn (Corn x Great Plains Rat Snake)
Okeetee Corn Snake

Not looking to expand just yet but really like these for the future,

Thanks

Gaz
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/03/2010 : 17:45:21
Only one outta them vaguely hard to come by would be an okeetee- But then this depends on your definition of okeetee - I personally wouldn't say anything is okeetee without a solid fairly thick continuous black border around the saddles... and yeah, as everyone has already pointed out, jungle corns are ten a penny. You want a nice sunkissed lav or coral snow... i want one and cant find one lol !!
mikerichards Posted - 18/02/2010 : 16:23:11
Not really sure on the prices really am afraid.
Having the thick black borders does make in a 'okeetee' but its still a normal, same as 'miami', 'carolina' 'rosy rat' etc. Just because it has a name doesn't mean its not normal, its just not a carolina!
Gaz_1989 Posted - 18/02/2010 : 12:55:56
Wow, just caught up on this thread.

Thanks for the replies.

I was aware that an Okeetee was a normal that had thicker black borders, but i thought that this THEN makes it an Okeetee? And no longer a normal.

But i guess that it would be difficult to know where to draw the line between an Okeetee and a Normal with slightly thicker borders than normal.

Does anyone know what you could expect to pay for a good okeetee?

Thanks

Gaz
mikerichards Posted - 17/02/2010 : 06:28:25
And you would be right, an okeetee is a normal!
eeji Posted - 16/02/2010 : 19:22:57
i think its all down to 'labels' and personal preference for a lot of names, eg. i have a normal that looks very okeetee-ish but I still call her a normal ;) :)
mikerichards Posted - 16/02/2010 : 06:51:49
I probably shouldn't have agreed! Lol.
The biak and sarong are 2 different snake completely, like saying a miami is an okeetee, blatantly not. A corn that is hatched in arizona can have the markings of an okeetee, doesn't mean it is, but the original okeetee has the similar pattern, so its labelled an okeetee because it looks the same.
A reverse okeetee is an amel with white borders instead of black, Its by no means a true okeetee, but its carrying the pattern. I have a pic if you want.
mikerichards Posted - 11/02/2010 : 21:29:19
agreed, i appear to be having some issues today with my words and wording, i do apologise, hopefully i will get my act together tommoro!
eeji Posted - 11/02/2010 : 19:38:47
i know its a locality, what i mean is that would be like calling a biak GTP a sarong :S
mikerichards Posted - 11/02/2010 : 11:49:38
No, its not, the okeetee is not a morph, its a locality, its a normal corn from the area that has thicker black borders, yes they are specifically now for that look, but originally the name denotes the locality, same as miami, and upper keys or rosy corn.
eeji Posted - 10/02/2010 : 23:02:22
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

.....Any normal corn can be labelled an okeetee if it matches that of the locality, ie thick black borders etc........

that depends who you talk to - labelling a corn that looks okeetee but isn't is essentially misleading.
Any 'other' normal corn that looks like an okeetee is just a nice normal.
mikerichards Posted - 10/02/2010 : 21:30:17
Okeetee's arent a morph themselves, they are a locality. Any normal corn can be labelled an okeetee if it matches that of the locality, ie thick black borders etc.
Creamsicles are a hybrid yes, they are amelanistic corn x great plains.
the 'name' jungle corn is used to describe a corn x californian kingsnake, this is not an accurate description for any other crosses.
I.e I have a number of corn x durango mountain kingsnakes, to describe these as jungles would be wrong.
These havent been done very much, and are known as Mettalics, due to their variable nature, and their metallic colours!
Snake Bytes are based in america, to buy from them would cost you a small fortune in shipping costs.

Jungle corns are quite common, but a lot of people are put off by the fact they are hybrids, not true corns.
eeji Posted - 10/02/2010 : 19:43:07
i know someone was selling abbotts line for £80 a pair last year but they didn't have the usual huge black borders (still pukka okeetees though) :)
Gaz_1989 Posted - 10/02/2010 : 13:15:51
GP - What do you think would be a good price for a Genuine Okeetee?

Thanks

Gaz
gingerpony Posted - 01/02/2010 : 20:40:07
quote:
Originally posted by sami

We're based in Notts, and will be breeding a fair few different morphs this year, including Okeetees (Kathy Love line). So genuine Okeetees, not normals :)

http://masonexotics.co.uk/corns.aspx

genuine okeetees are hard to come by so i'd class them as reasonably rare...........as are good miamis..............
gingerpony Posted - 01/02/2010 : 20:38:26
quote:
Originally posted by rose2191

Sorry not sure how rare the morphs are but i do live in matlock, derbyshire and we always go to the Mill garden centre in Chesterfield. Huge selection of snakes and hatchlings and the staff are great, will probe snakes for free and will even put you in touch with breeders if they dont have what your looking for. heres their webiste with address etc:
deleted!!!Hope that helps! xx

having been there i would definitely NOT recommend the place!!
i went needing some mice and rats but having had a good look round, overheard the staff spouting utter rubbish at people that don't know any better i wouldn't even part with my cash to the place to buy frozen food, let alone buy a rep from there or take their shop assistants' advice!!

i'm only glad it wasn't my petrol that was spent driving down!!!
eeji Posted - 01/02/2010 : 19:00:50
Tessera was proven as simple dominant last season ;)
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 15:13:58
None of them are particularly 'rare' really.... Try Terrazzos' or Green spot snows or other selectively bred lines.. If you like okeetees take a look at abbotts okeetees! They're stunners... Even they're not really 'rare...' Not forgetting the Tessera, so rare it's genetics aren't entirely known!! =]
King_Kruss Posted - 12/01/2010 : 17:41:42
hey all. hybrid's i have fpund are 10 a penny people are always expreimenting with differant breeds for dif colours. i paid a tenna for mt corn / great plains rat snake, granted he was a bit "frisky" but he is great. hope this helps
n/a Posted - 10/01/2010 : 10:46:19
go on u tube type in snake bites tv they will have any kind of snake u want if u can find there site
Lilpunk Posted - 03/01/2010 : 19:55:23
I saw that 888 reptiles were doing jungle corns a couple of days ago, but I'm not too fond of the choose and not view buying of reptiles. I like to know what I'm buying is a healthy animal ;)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000