The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Just Checking!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cherry-milkshake Posted - 06/07/2009 : 14:19:41
After having my snakes from between two and five years you'd think I'd know what they were...well so did I 'till I came on here!

So I'm posting up pix just to be sure; I'd hate to be offending them by telling them they're one thing if in fact they are something else. Are corn's easily offended?? Anyway, here goes...

Daksha - She's a Carolina right? (*will hang head in shame if not!*)

Tia Maria (Tia for short) - she was sold as a standard snow, which she looks in these pix, but I've long suspected she may be a green blotch as the saddles are a more greeny-yellow than the cam picks up. That said, when she was a baby they were pink, and for a short while the saddles went a brighter green and the white went a gorgeous pale pink, which looked stunning but seems to have faded now

These two were sold as anerythristics, and they are predominantly light and dark grey, but they seem to have a light tan/almost peachy brown hue to them towards their heads, is that normal in anery? They were juves when I got them so no idea what they looked like as babies

Then there is Houdini, the mystery! He was sold as an Anery Stripe, but the stripes don't go all the way down, he has no pattern at all on his belly, and he has some almost motley type blotches and he seems very brown to be anery, so I did wonder about ghost, but then he has yellow on him too so am confused

and as a baby...
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meggi Posted - 04/09/2009 : 16:27:00
i think ( although not gr8 with morphs) ,

Daksha - DEFO a carolina
tia - ?????
????- anytheristics
houdini - ??????

sorry , hope i helped a lil bit , megxx

http://yfrog.com/eb10016972j
n/a Posted - 09/08/2009 : 13:32:12
im going for
normal
snow
anerys
anery motley
the motley pattern acts as a kind of hypo which is why people think they are ghost only breeding will tell as you dont know the parents
also the difference between anery and ghosts are the colour should be much paler and the belly chequers will be more of a grey/brown rather than black
yellow necks have nothing to do with it at all as ive seen them on both

hope this helps

Paul
Brookestar Posted - 10/07/2009 : 13:16:04
not in the money crisis we are in jono
Jono2411 Posted - 08/07/2009 : 09:29:27
lol, i cant believe oyou overcharged your brother!!! i thought blood was thicker than water?
SexyBear77 Posted - 08/07/2009 : 09:19:35
interesting idea for a baby name...
cherry-milkshake Posted - 07/07/2009 : 22:48:46
awww! You missin them? I got a beardie called Dexter - my BF named him after that serial killer on the telly, but it was actually a compromise cos he wanted it to be the name for our first-born child!
Chimp276 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 21:48:27
quote:
Originally posted by cherry-milkshake

Love the names of your Gecks btw chimp!

Cheers! I have now given them to my brother as he paid me more then they cost me, and I didn't have enough room in my room lol!
Brookestar Posted - 07/07/2009 : 18:00:25
np i nearly did the same thing
cherry-milkshake Posted - 07/07/2009 : 17:14:58
Thanks for the clarification Brookestar! Gives me an excuse to buy an anery stripe to replace the one I lost to the 'ghost motley'! lol
Brookestar Posted - 07/07/2009 : 10:39:03
the first pic og the motley proves it. the ovals down the middle of the back is the motley pattern
Brookestar Posted - 07/07/2009 : 10:29:15
1. normal
2. snow
3. ghost
4. ghost motley

definatly
cherry-milkshake Posted - 06/07/2009 : 22:16:49
Cheers Hannah, yeah he's probably the prettiest of the five (but shhh, don't tell the others I said that!)
HannahB Posted - 06/07/2009 : 18:55:41
gorgeous looking snakes
i love houdini - hes so cute!!
cherry-milkshake Posted - 06/07/2009 : 17:50:42
Awesome guys, thanks so much for your help - so now it looks like I have a ghost motley rather than an anery stripe! lol, cool, just goes to show you can't go by what the shops sell them as! And yea, they are gorgey whatever they are Love the names of your Gecks btw chimp!
Chimp276 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 17:33:39
the 1st one looks like a definite Normal, 2nd looks like a plain snow to me and the 3rd and 4th just look like anerys to me lol!

But that again what do i know lol!
Chimp276 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 17:32:15
Your stipe isnt a strip it is a motely, to be a strip the strips have to go the whole way down! And id say mayb ghost!!
Tizzy Posted - 06/07/2009 : 17:17:05
I'd also stripe is a ghost - this is my ghost stripe and then my anery stripe.

see the differance? Anerys get the yellow markings on the neck/sides but are very grey where as Ghosts are abit more brownish. It's hard to tell when they are hatchlings as the colours change so much but i thing you have got lovely snakes no-matter what you call um!
cherry-milkshake Posted - 06/07/2009 : 16:01:00
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

i think youre anery's are ghosts, mine is exactly the same, and the colouration along their necks is normal.

Ahhh,interesting! So how do you tell the difference between Ghost and Anery then, cos I thought Ghosts didn't have yellow Do you think all three are, or just the stripey one?
SexyBear77 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 15:57:35
i think youre anery's are ghosts, mine is exactly the same, and the colouration along their necks is normal.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000