The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 anery stripe or dilute anery stripe?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Donnie Posted - 20/05/2013 : 19:44:43
So what are your thoughts to Steve, is he an anery stripe or a dilute anery stripe? Recent pictures of him here,

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=28979#302507
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NexivRed Posted - 22/05/2013 : 14:27:42
Absolutely no idea but he's totally stunning. SO jealous, I really want an anery type stripe (sunkissed anery for sure!) and he's gorgeous!
Isoldael Posted - 22/05/2013 : 14:12:32
I think aneries do tend to show yellowish and brown pigments, which, combined with grey, seems to give a somewhat pink look :)
gmac Posted - 21/05/2013 : 22:26:59
In all honesty, is too hard to tell from photos in general as the colours wash out. I would assume, as the breeder has labeled it, as an anery het dilute until proven otherwise ;)
mjpeters Posted - 21/05/2013 : 22:18:56
quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

He looks too pink for an Anery Stripe to me... Unless that's just cause he's getting bigger as apparently they lighten as they age. To me personally he looks like a Dilute Anery Stripe apart from the stripe being very pronounced which it's not on Dilute Anery Stripes... I'm confuzzled still but there's my 2 cents

My limited experience is that anery's can be VERY pink!Georgey's whole body is suffused with pink
I still don't understand how an anery can show pink??I thought they were missing red pigment?
But Inky looks as pink/salmon as my snow stripe-in fact more so.
Maybe Mr.Morph Master could give us a master class on 'Red'anery's.
Like I said anery's are fab,and Steve is splendid
AcidicAngel Posted - 21/05/2013 : 19:52:53
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

I don't think he looks like the ghost stripes on ians viv and he is from a well known corn breeder so I am sure he would have listed him as that if he was. I do think he is very similar to one of the dilute anery stripes on IV and that one is from the same breeder. He is definitely at least het dilute and I don't think his stripe is a bold as the anery stripes I have looked at hence me thinking he is dilute.

His stripe not being fully pronounced is what made me think Dilute Anery Stripe not Anery Stripe. Well I'm still just confused lol.
Donnie Posted - 21/05/2013 : 19:33:22
I don't think he looks like the ghost stripes on ians viv and he is from a well known corn breeder so I am sure he would have listed him as that if he was. I do think he is very similar to one of the dilute anery stripes on IV and that one is from the same breeder. He is definitely at least het dilute and I don't think his stripe is a bold as the anery stripes I have looked at hence me thinking he is dilute.
AcidicAngel Posted - 21/05/2013 : 18:57:34
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

Could he be a ghost stripe?

I never thought of that...
Figs Posted - 21/05/2013 : 11:42:32
Could he be a ghost stripe?
AcidicAngel Posted - 21/05/2013 : 11:33:26
He looks too pink for an Anery Stripe to me... Unless that's just cause he's getting bigger as apparently they lighten as they age. To me personally he looks like a Dilute Anery Stripe apart from the stripe being very pronounced which it's not on Dilute Anery Stripes... I'm confuzzled still but there's my 2 cents
smart bunny Posted - 21/05/2013 : 07:53:51
Isn't the stripe too pronounced for dilute? Not sure though. He is gorgeous whatever :D
mjpeters Posted - 20/05/2013 : 21:55:16
I can only say that the whole Anery family is often very colourful-I have 4 anery snakes;
George is motley,and shows the same lovely salmon colours as your boy does but also yellow and soft lavender.
Inky is an ultramel stripe and again is starting to get the peachy tones
Popup is a Diffused ultramel stripe and looks quite lilac.
Thumper is a traditional black/silver.

I guess all I'm trying to say is anery's are fab-and your Steve is SUPERB

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000