The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Is Clementine Sparks a motley...?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NexivRed Posted - 04/03/2013 : 14:39:33
So after looking at other adult motley's it's clear that the motley spots can go right to the tip of the tail. So bearing this in mind, are those proper motleys and is Sparky perhaps not a motley after all?
She was sold to her original owner as a Hypo Aztec Motley which I think is just trying to describe her pattern rather than actually listing her genes.

So, if she's NOT a motley, what is causing her perfectly white belly? Here's where this picture made me wonder if she is possibly diffused instead?

I know motley can have other effects such as reduced saddle borders and a general lightening etc, but it's hard to tell if the snake is already a hypo. But her saddles do seem to diffuse down her sides a fair bit. Also, her ground colour begins to bleed onto her belly the further you get down her body, and quite a large area by her tail is actually orange.

What do you think?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NexivRed Posted - 05/03/2013 : 16:57:29
Cool then by massive chance of luck I got the next morph I wanted!
Razee Posted - 04/03/2013 : 23:25:00
She's beautiful, I wished I'd lived closer, when she was for sale...motley for me, too :-) .
Moppet Posted - 04/03/2013 : 21:23:52
Beautiful motley
smart bunny Posted - 04/03/2013 : 19:29:23
If she has a plain white belly then she is definitely a motley ;) And a stunningly bright one at that!

Edit: oops, left this sitting here too long before posting - eeji's post wasn't there when I started lol!
eeji Posted - 04/03/2013 : 19:20:44
definitely motley :)
Dancross0 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 16:12:29
Hypo motley for me as well...
Isoldael Posted - 04/03/2013 : 15:36:39
Motleys tend to have quite some reduced / fading side patterns. It doesn't look like diffusion to me, I'd say she's just a very pretty motley :)
Figs Posted - 04/03/2013 : 14:52:39
She looks motley to me
As with other morphs, there can be plenty of variation

*waits for eeji*

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000