The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Rootbeer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Isoldael Posted - 16/10/2012 : 12:55:37
Just wondering - are there any telltale signs to look for if you want to distinguish pure corns from hybrids? Looking at pictures tells me little to nothing, so I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Isoldael Posted - 17/10/2012 : 10:21:43
Thanks for the pics, Donnie! I still don't really know what to look for, but it helps anyway :)
Donnie Posted - 16/10/2012 : 20:33:06
Here are a few pics of my rootbeer if it helps

when I first got him (March this year)

taken in May

taken in July

Razee Posted - 16/10/2012 : 20:30:08
I would like to know, too. I always read people talking about head shape and different scales on the head, but I've never actually seen it described in what way it's different.
Still, makes me feel better if eeji can't tell , either :-)
Isoldael Posted - 16/10/2012 : 20:29:05
I'm starting to wonder if my Saphira could be a rootbeer - some of the pics on ians viv look a lot like her. Then again... so do some of the pics of the normal morphs. Confusing! :p
eeji Posted - 16/10/2012 : 19:37:17
I can never tell the difference in head shape if there is one :( The most obvious is the colour (more brownish than orange/red), BUT this of course will depend a lot on the percentage of each species and its often impossible to tell.

Isoldael Posted - 16/10/2012 : 15:12:37
When you say head shape, do you have any examples of the difference between a pure corn and a rootbeer? Is the head wider? Or something else?
oakleyman18 Posted - 16/10/2012 : 14:51:59
To me it's usually head shape, patterns (especially near the top end of the snake) and scales that give it away.. Colours can be difficult to use in determining origin as most snakes look different anyway! Polymorphism is everywhere!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000