The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Id please better pics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andreamorey Posted - 07/10/2012 : 14:44:25
better pics

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 25/10/2012 : 12:04:50
I think you will find you have a snake that is closer to two months, rather than two weeks. 99% of the time they wont eat in the first week, they are still digesting the yolk from the egg at that time. over a few hundred babies, the average size i have seen for baby corns is about 6g, and roughly 8 inches in length, that weight will increase steadily with feeding, and if he has only had 2 feeds, then i wouldnt expect him to be much more than about 10-12g and about 10 inches.
smart bunny Posted - 12/10/2012 : 15:01:10
It's a bit soon to have labelled her as a bad shedder at 2 weeks old - she must have only shed the once! A moist hide should only be used whilst they are in blue (getting ready to shed) until they have shed, then it should be removed the rest of the time as they are prone to repiratory infections as Scaly says. Also I'd feed every 5 days, twice a week is too often.

Lovely little normal you've got there though, congrats :)
ScalySituation Posted - 08/10/2012 : 14:20:14
Two pinkies in the first week seems a bit much IMO. if she's got rid of the old skin, time to take the moist hide out :) too much humidity is bad for corns and can cause respiratory,infections
Andreamorey Posted - 08/10/2012 : 14:13:03
Yeah we know she is very young wouldn't normally buy anything unless it was at least 8 weeks but we were concerned about how she was being kept breeder told us no one wanted her because she is a bad shedder they said she had two pinkies in the first week and one last Thursday is it correct to feed her two pinkies a week (spaced out) at so young,? we are letting her settle into her new rub for a week then we will try feeding her she seems to like her moist hide but tends to curl up behind her hot hide rather than inside it
Xx
Moppet Posted - 07/10/2012 : 20:51:50
2 weeks is very young to be sold imho. I hope she eats okay for you.
Andreamorey Posted - 07/10/2012 : 17:32:53
Cool thanx that's what she was sold as we got her cheap (few quid) because she was a bad shedder had her nearly 24 hours and she has shed all of the bad shed the breeder had trouble with by putting in a moist hide apparently they hadn't thought of that!!! Ridiculous lol and now she looks beautiful never had a baby ( we were told she hatched 2 weeks ago) so looking forward to watching her grow xx
Lozzy Posted - 07/10/2012 : 16:21:33
Yep agree with everyone else
Moppet Posted - 07/10/2012 : 15:58:58
Looks like a normal to me
gmac Posted - 07/10/2012 : 15:17:59
normal
Figs Posted - 07/10/2012 : 15:05:01
I'd say normal

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000