The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Help with the morph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yola Posted - 24/07/2012 : 23:39:42
We had these hatch today, the first one is very bright and some type of Amel hatchling and it has slight stripe down both sides of its neck

and this one has us puzzled, very prettie. It has ruby eyes and a plain belly and dashing in the side of it just before the white belly starts. Cant wait till it has its first shed. Ideas on this ones morph would be great

I soooooo cant wait for the nxt egg to hatch.
Ohhh and the mating was our Gold Dust x Hypo female to our Reverse Okette boy. It was a mistake mating as we got the gold dust x of a supposed expereinced breeder that has flipping loads of corns and milks, told us it was a boy , so i went and got a beautifull Gold Dust female to go with it Grrrrrrrrrr
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 01/08/2012 : 20:33:33
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

Just a quick question Eeji. If the mum is a hypo, to get amels and ultramels, she would have to be het amel and het ultra.

Isn't amel and ultra on the same locus, and also codominant?

the ultra to make the ultramel babies comes from the gold dust dad and the amel comes from mum (hypo het amel).

...and yes they are allelic and codominant to each other.
yola Posted - 01/08/2012 : 13:46:21
Oh and heres the deformed one, very prettie but i dont think it will last long.

yola Posted - 01/08/2012 : 13:42:07
Ok heres some pics of the 2 in question after there first shed
I think the Amel is a Candy, and so very prettie. Just sexed it and its a definate male

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h422/yolandaBryney/WP_006454.jpg

Here the one thats puzzeling people

and this one is Female
yola Posted - 25/07/2012 : 22:13:13
Ok will do eeji. There was only 3 in the clutch as it was a mistake maiting as explained in my earlier posts.
The third egg has hatched but has emirged with the egg sac still out , it is also deformed at the tail, its very short and curled up, so much so that its poop hole is curled up init too, i dont think this one will survive . It is an Amel like the first one with exactly the same markings
Dancross0 Posted - 25/07/2012 : 21:21:41
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

mum is definitely hypo so you should have amel and ultramel babies.

Is there more than one with a plain belly? and can you post photos of the whole snake from above and below (after the first shed)

Just a quick question Eeji. If the mum is a hypo, to get amels and ultramels, she would have to be het amel and het ultra.

Isn't amel and ultra on the same locus, and also codominant?
eeji Posted - 25/07/2012 : 19:42:24
mum is definitely hypo so you should have amel and ultramel babies.

Is there more than one with a plain belly? and can you post photos of the whole snake from above and below (after the first shed)
yola Posted - 25/07/2012 : 15:23:19
This is mums belly markings

Dancross0 Posted - 25/07/2012 : 15:16:36
That sucks. If anything, we've found out the morph of the mum!

The breeder you buy off sounds like they have no idea what they're doing, either with sexing, or the genetics involved, or with general good husbandry.

Good luck with getting your snakes better, and best of luck with the new arrivals!
yola Posted - 25/07/2012 : 15:07:18
Heres mum with our Gold Dust female that it was going to be paired with nxt year (because we were told it was male).
I sooo wouldnt recomend the breeder as weve had problems with the other snake we brought of her and my stepson had problems with the 3 he had of her, not good outcomes im affraid, im still trying to nurse them now but nothing is working, they were all quarintined for months and still are now in a seprate part of the house.
Dancross0 Posted - 25/07/2012 : 14:55:48
quote:
Originally posted by yola

The Breeder didnt mention any hets on the mum, just that shes het for butter and gold dust [: /]

Right, this makes sense now. Het for butter and gold dust is a bit misleading; it should be het caramel, amel OR ultra, which makes me think that the mum might not be a hypo, but ultramel, which in turn explains the offspring you have here.

The only idea I have on the belly pattern is that it might be a keys line...
yola Posted - 25/07/2012 : 14:45:53
I sooooo cant wait for the nxt egg to hatch will be very intreasting to see what it is.
Im going to keep all 3 lol . Will post pics when they have there first shed and definatly keep you updated on the strange one.
The Breeder didnt mention any hets on the mum, just that shes het for butter and gold dust [: /]
oakleyman18 Posted - 25/07/2012 : 14:10:37
Unless both parents are het Motley perhaps? But I've got to say it doesn't look Motley from above.. I'm as stumped as you!
Dancross0 Posted - 25/07/2012 : 13:59:48
Interesting. The hypo female from a gold dust x butter? That pairing would produce butters and gold dusts.

I'm not sure whats going on with the belly of that snake. I'm a bit stumped...

yola Posted - 25/07/2012 : 13:32:17
Ok heres its belly guys
yola Posted - 25/07/2012 : 11:05:00
The parent is a cross with a Gold Dust X Butter (sorry just looked at my record book) and is a Hypo, Dad to these babies is Reverse Okettee.
The Amel one does have light cheaquer bording on its belly BUT the one in question has no markings on its belly atall, it totally plain.
I will try and get pics of its belly in a bit
oakleyman18 Posted - 25/07/2012 : 08:58:30
I agree with Dan here.. Think he's got it. Amel for the first, Ultramel for the second.

Although you said the second you said had a clear belly? You mean it has no checkers? Well then that would make it motley/stripe, but it doesn't look like a motley from above.. Best get a couple more pictures of the undersides!
Dancross0 Posted - 25/07/2012 : 07:42:39
Looks like an amel in the first pic, not sure about the pattern though. Could it be motley? Any belly pics?

Second one might be an ultramel, maybe hypo? I'm not sure what you mean by gold dust x hypo. Is the parent snake the offspring from a gold dust x hypo, or a hypo gold dust? Or gold dust het hypo?

Anyway, the second one has mixed the amel gene with ultra to create an ultramel...

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/hybrids/ultramel/?sid=33733c2e45cde5b83e5ada34c7c8f3b8

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000