The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 I don't think this is a charcoal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NexivRed Posted - 05/07/2012 : 20:21:10
..but it's being advertised as one. This is a photo I've been personally emailed so I hope that's okay to share on this forum?

It's part of a pair (the other is a snow) that are being advertised with their set up and I'm quite interested in them. But what colour is this chap because he really doesn't look at all grey which is what I'd presume a charcoal to look like?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paulie78 Posted - 09/07/2012 : 19:50:03
Id go with Amber too (having not seen cinnamons lol) but most definately not charcoal lol
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/07/2012 : 19:22:17
Deffo not a charcoal!!
Hanxa Posted - 09/07/2012 : 19:11:43
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by Hanxa

I was under the impression that charcoals were the anery b corns... Like aneries but with muted contrast - so rather than black and white they are shades of grey.... or am I wrong?

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/charcoal

Yeah... ended up on the corn snake morph gallery... All these pics are just confirming my suspicions regarding Shadow... I feel he has too much contrast to be charcoal like the store said...

EDIT: That being said, looking at photos of aneries, he seems to have less contrast to them. Especially now. Is there something between the two? :p
eeji Posted - 09/07/2012 : 19:03:32
quote:
Originally posted by Hanxa

I was under the impression that charcoals were the anery b corns... Like aneries but with muted contrast - so rather than black and white they are shades of grey.... or am I wrong?

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/charcoal
Hanxa Posted - 09/07/2012 : 18:41:44

EDIT: Nevermind... seen some pics. They just lack the red pigment but may still have shades of brown >.<
eeji Posted - 06/07/2012 : 18:56:15
most definitely not a charcoal. He looks like maybe an amber or a cinnamon (hypo corn x emoryi hybrid)
QueenVic Posted - 06/07/2012 : 18:42:02
Certainly not charcoal lol, seen as though they have no yellow in them ;)
Dancross0 Posted - 06/07/2012 : 05:40:00
I'm also going with amber.
oakleyman18 Posted - 05/07/2012 : 23:44:30
This doesn't look like a pure corn to me.. maybe its just the photo but the head looks funny and very narrow!
NexivRed Posted - 05/07/2012 : 22:07:12
No sorry. No clear shots of his belly I'm afraid.
lupi lou Posted - 05/07/2012 : 21:44:47
i want to say hypo (i could be wrong!), don't suppose you know what the belly markings are like? handsome chap though
ScalySituation Posted - 05/07/2012 : 20:34:57
im gonna stick with amber. im sure someone with more of a clue will be along shortly
NexivRed Posted - 05/07/2012 : 20:25:28
He's a year old apparently.
ScalySituation Posted - 05/07/2012 : 20:23:20
nope, not a charcoal, how old is he? possibly an amber?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000