The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Snow lava

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Isoldael Posted - 28/06/2012 : 21:39:50
Stupid question perhaps... but is there a special name for a lava snow / snow lava, and is it on Ians Vivarium? Looking for pictures of what an adult would look like - I found a lovely little snake on a website that needs a new home, and I'm very tempted... :p
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 29/06/2012 : 12:08:34
Just looks like a baby snow to me, but the picture is a bit washed out :)
QueenVic Posted - 29/06/2012 : 03:22:48
Never heard of it before, but then there are loads of names for selectively bred morphs.

Looks like a nice snake though :)
Isoldael Posted - 29/06/2012 : 00:12:16
http://tinyurl.com/chq4j5b

is the snake I'm looking at. I've done some more research, apparently people call a snow lava a snowmel and they sometimes tend to be a bit more pinkish than the average snow. Not sure how much of that is true though.

Edit: Sorry for the long link :(

Gmac- long link shortened ;)

Edit: Wasn't sure you allowed tinyurl - some of the forums I use don't because it could lead you to any malicious website ^^. Now I know, that's twice you helped me today gmac :p
Figs Posted - 28/06/2012 : 23:38:05
STEAM
....ha

I dont suppose a lava snow name would actually have anything to do with the colours in the snake... just the genes it carries; lava, amel and anery
I reckon i'd look somewhat like a regular snow, since lava is a hypo-ish gene
Spreebok Posted - 28/06/2012 : 23:09:42
Lava snow? I don't even think that is a morph, I mean, lava is red, snow is white. Snows can't produce red pigment, and SNow with red on them would be a ruby feckled/paradox snow. I'd certainly ask for pictures, could be something special, could be something normal.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000