The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Hypo question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 07:07:14
Do/Can Hypos have any white around their saddles?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 15:21:27
I'm querying John. It has been said that he is a definate hypo by members on here but as he is getting older he is changing so much. You would think he was an amel and has been mistaken for an amel until you look really closely. He does not have red eyes but is developing white around his saddles along with the odd dot of black. His tummy checkers are definatly not amel, there not black but more of a mixture of orange/yellow/brown. I will have to try and get some good pics of him to stop me wondering.
Dancross0 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 07:25:38
They can. With the hypo reducing the amount of black pigment, some of the pigment can be removed entirely. This still leaves the pupil black, rather than the red pupil in amelanistic snakes.

There is quite a few on here...
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/hypomelanistic/?sid=b4fc32242912cec19ae354cac4f8f639
oakleyman18 Posted - 23/06/2012 : 07:16:17
Nope, don't think so! That would usually indicate an Amel. One thing to check- What colour are the eyes? If slightly red, then it's definitely an Amel. Pics would help

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000