The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Morph?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andrea49 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 20:01:01
Hi All,

Could you please help to clarify the morph of my new snake? I think its an Okeetee but I'm not sure..
(hope the link works!!)

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Andrea49 Posted - 25/05/2012 : 10:01:16
Thanks everyone for you help! He seems to be settling in nicely. Can't wait for him to get properly accustomed to life at ours :)
QueenVic Posted - 25/05/2012 : 00:10:30
Always hard to clarify between a normal and an okeetee when you first get to know morphs, but like mine, i think its a normal too.
Thought mine was okeetee to begin with too lol, but a very beautiful normal imo :D
Donnie Posted - 24/05/2012 : 22:04:30
Hi, lovely looking Carolina :)
smart bunny Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:40:43
Oh, I hadn't realised that was your 1st post - welcome to the forum!

It's usually advised you leave a snake unhandled for 7 days to let them settle in, but you are in the same boat I was when we got Corno - she started shedding a couple of days after we got her and it was a bad shed. I left her for a couple of days to see if she'd manage herself, then got her out and very gingerly let her run through wet kitchen roll, which made very little difference as I was too gentle as I was so nervous of hurting her! I left her a couple more days then got her out again and this time held her a bit more tightly - at which she pushed herself through my hands, really squeezing against me and the shed came off nicely - except for the tail tip which took a further attempt before it was finally removed!

You could try putting a damp hide in - or some people even suggest just putting a damp flannel over a hide to raise the general humidity temporarily to help the snake shed. Good luck, and congrats on your new snake!
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:39:45
Normal, very nice.

Welcome too.
paulie78 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:26:02
Hi and welcome to the forum your new snake looks pretty normal to me (though i think normals are very under rated lol)
kev 5 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:18:53
welcome to the forum
Georgina Posted - 24/05/2012 : 21:10:57
Defo normal x welcome along x

I'm one of the lovers of normals x
Mamma Posted - 24/05/2012 : 20:48:21
hi and welcome to the forum xx
Andrea49 Posted - 24/05/2012 : 20:07:37
Thanks for the tip smart bunny. Only picked him up today. I'll give him a couple of days and check him over properly. Glad I found this forum. Lots of useful tips and advice from what I've briefly been able to see! :)
smart bunny Posted - 24/05/2012 : 20:05:52
My guess would be normal, he doesn't look like he has nearly enough black around his saddles for an okeetee... but that doesn't mean I'm right!

Has he shed properly now? If the retained shed doesn't come off by the time he's digested his meal you may need to let him run though a damp towel to make sure it all comes off, especially need to check the tail tip.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000