The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Morphs
 Palmetto

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cobweb251 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 13:59:43
does anyone know where i could could get a palmetto morph and how much they go for ?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cobweb251 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 11:19:46
agreed, i guess we will have to wait until one of us " is around a bit" as far as a palmetto and then we can decide :D
lupi lou Posted - 31/03/2012 : 19:44:06
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Flick a paintbrush at a snow or something, job done.

lmao i like your thinking
ScalySituation Posted - 31/03/2012 : 14:19:15
yowch, thats a kick in the head
paulie78 Posted - 31/03/2012 : 09:47:45
quote:
Originally posted by cobweb251

Well I just liked it ok lol .... :)

Lmao ok well ya know im sure theres probably loads of morphs id like you probably wouldnt we all have our tastes but its funny how since getting my first ive come to appreciate certain morphs i didnt like before its one thing to see them on a screen but once uve been around a bit and seen stuff in the flesh it changes your mind a lil
cobweb251 Posted - 31/03/2012 : 09:45:29
Well I just liked it ok lol .... :)
Sta~ple Posted - 31/03/2012 : 09:35:03
Flick a paintbrush at a snow or something, job done.
paulie78 Posted - 31/03/2012 : 00:37:11
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

Palmetto is recessive so the first lot of hatchies out (in 2009) were hets which were raised to breeding size to produce the very first CBs last year. Don Soderberg (South Mountain Reptiles, Texas) is the only person who has any and deliberately kept the whole thing under wraps until he was sure it was inheritable.

If you want one, 2012 hatchies are to be sold this year (visual females only) for $4000, he says males and hets will not be sold until 2015 to prevent over saturation of the market. Only three het palmetto females were bred to by the original WC male so they will remain a very rare morph instead of being bred to anything and everything in an attempt to produce as many as possible.

Reservations (only 12 and then a 'reserve' reservation list) for 2012 animals were taken last year so the chances of getting one any time soon are slim to none.

Ahh thanks for clearing that up eeji for the record though i dont want one lol dont like em theres a hundred others morphs id pick before palmetto lol
eeji Posted - 30/03/2012 : 20:17:25
Palmetto is recessive so the first lot of hatchies out (in 2009) were hets which were raised to breeding size to produce the very first CBs last year. Don Soderberg (South Mountain Reptiles, Texas) is the only person who has any and deliberately kept the whole thing under wraps until he was sure it was inheritable.

If you want one, 2012 hatchies are to be sold this year (visual females only) for $4000, he says males and hets will not be sold until 2015 to prevent over saturation of the market. Only three het palmetto females were bred to by the original WC male so they will remain a very rare morph instead of being bred to anything and everything in an attempt to produce as many as possible.

Reservations (only 12 and then a 'reserve' reservation list) for 2012 animals were taken last year so the chances of getting one any time soon are slim to none.
paulie78 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 20:16:09
yup i totally get that but its claimed the first generation werent het there were some normals and the rest palmettos ill see if i can find the article i was reading earlier im obviously not claiming it to be accurate or true lol its an interesting subject though lol
Dancross0 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 19:07:25
Nope. The first generation, I imagine produced in 2008, would be het Palmetto.

These would be ready to breed in 2011, and would either be bred back to each other, producing normals, het Palmetto, and Palmettos, or bred back to the original Palmetto, resulting in Palmettos.
paulie78 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 18:53:11
Hmm but if he bred the first wild caught palmetto to a normal and got palmettos out surely its dominant ?
Dancross0 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 18:31:47
It's a simple recessive trait. The first one was caught in 2008, so there was time for some line breeding to prove out the genes.
paulie78 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 17:41:56
though i reckon its gotta be a dominant trait cause although i only have a very basic grasp of corn genetics the fact Don soderburg bred his wild caught male to a normal female corn and produced some palmetto hatchlings surely makes it dominant ? otherwise the babys would have just been het ?
paulie78 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 17:36:30
If you watch snakebytes on youtube you will see theres a trader at the narbc show who has a stall with a butload of palmetto hatchlings for sale so i would take a guess at them being either recessive or dominant and not just selectively bred
cobweb251 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 17:09:05
hmmmmm i think one of them mixed with a levender or an amel would make for some sexy looking snakes lol
cattNmo Posted - 30/03/2012 : 17:07:35
When I was looking at them (like you seen pic and fell in love) there was a waiting list for the 2013 eggs and yep $4000 was the starting price. And at present only in the US. Fingers crossed give it a few years and they will drop in price and be over here :-D
cobweb251 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 17:05:00
thats a very very very very very long time lol
oakleyman18 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 17:04:24
Yeah, I'm really not sure there will be any at Doncaster this year, considering it's a NEW species and only discovered a few years ago in the US. Unless you want to fly them over, you should wait about, I don't know, 10 years before saving your hard earned $. Whoops I mean £.
cobweb251 Posted - 30/03/2012 : 17:00:42
yeah i think that is my best bet as well. just saw one on the internet by chance and though oooooo 8-)
tordyjo Posted - 30/03/2012 : 16:25:52
palmetto's a relatively new morph so there won't be much known about what you would get from different pairings, give it another couple of years once the hatchlings are big enough to breed and the price will come down too

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000